Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Committee letter's content.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by guyline, May 27, 2008.

1. guyline

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm just curious because I will be getting one, but does anyone here know or saw the content on the committee letters? Does the letter go into specific/detailed information about the applicant like "So and so received a score of 25 on the MCAT because (insert reason), and improved to 35 because (insert reason)..." or does it contain more generalized statements. Also, how deep into your academic performance does the committee letter touch on? Does it also go into specific information by discussing numbers?

I'm assuming that it gives more generalized statements about why the applicants did so well or did not do so well in certain areas; since the schools will get to see MCAT scores and transcripts anyway, so it isn't so effective to be too specific, correct? I remeber reading somewhere that one of the most popular formats of the committee letter is to make quotes from all of the LORs that the applicant has from professors, doctors, supervisors, etc., as a thrust to drive the letter. Anyone here care to shed some light on this issue? Thanks!