Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Committee Letters, LORs, and pain of a$$ situation

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Megalofyia, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Megalofyia

Megalofyia 425 lbs and growing
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    When I graduated from my undergrad institution three years ago I didn't think I'd have to deal with them ever again.

Unfortunatly the day came.

In receiving secondaries I have found out that some of the schools want committee letters or letters from teachers in two of the following subjects: physics, biology, or chemsitry. The problem is I did a masters in biology so the only teachers I know now are biology not physics or chemistry.

In my little trip today I just wanted my undergrad school to photocopy the letter they made for me three years ago and to send that out. I think I was told they could do that but weren't goign to do that. (They weren't really clear on that) Now what they have asked for is letters of recomendation from two people, my transcripts (which they should already have the one from that school but they want a new copy anyways), something about what I've done since I've graduated and MCAT scores.

This all sounds fairly resonable if they are goign to really update the letter they wrote before, but they should already have half of it and this all sounds rather time consuming. Not to mention the time it's going to take to find two people to write recomendation letters for this committee letter.

They still have to write all the committee letters for the pre-meds at the school. I was told they could probably have this done by sometime in December. :mad:

Does anyone know if Temple would be willing to recieve letters from my grad school profs if I explained the situation to them?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Call them up and ask.

4. Megalofyia

Megalofyia 425 lbs and growing
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Thanks- That's the plan but I was hoping to maybe get an answer before I have the opportunity to call them.