Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Committee Letters

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by juiceman311, Jul 26, 2006.

1. juiceman311

juiceman311 Senior Member

I'm doing my letters through a confidential letter service provided by my major. My recommenders give them my letter of rec, and they handle mailing it out to schools and such. So they all (the letters) arrive to the schools in one package. Also, my pre-med advisor puts a cover letter in the packet describing my major and it's top 5 rank in the country and where my GPA ranks in the college of engineering, etc.

So, can I check COMMITTEE LETTER or should I put in individual recommender names on secondaries? I know it's not a committee letter in the sense that it's a summary of all my letters, but all the letters arrive in one package...?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MrMet31

MrMet31 DWright for MVP

Pre-Medical
    I think a committee letter designation only applies to a composite letter written by a pre-health committee. Even if your recs come in one packet, I would list out the recommenders separately to be safe.

4. xanthomondo

xanthomondo nom nom nom
    Banned Physician

Resident [Any Field]
    i would call the schools to be safe....cannntt go wrong with calling the school

5. GoodDoctor

GoodDoctor Senior Member

Medical Student
    I'd list them all by name since they are separate letters. You just happen to have the bonus of your pre-med office making life easy (sorda like a local Interfolio).

6. Dr.TobiasFünke

Physician

Resident [Any Field]
    agreed... the committee at my school writes one letter from the 4 i give them... yours sounds a bit different. either way i dont think it will hurt you whichever you choose... the school wont care about the check box they care about what is said

7. durfen

durfen I see plans within plans

Resident [Any Field]
    Related q: My school doesn't have a premed committee, or a class rank, do I need to indicate this somewhere on secondaries so they don't wonder where the committee letter went?