Committee Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juiceman311

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing my letters through a confidential letter service provided by my major. My recommenders give them my letter of rec, and they handle mailing it out to schools and such. So they all (the letters) arrive to the schools in one package. Also, my pre-med advisor puts a cover letter in the packet describing my major and it's top 5 rank in the country and where my GPA ranks in the college of engineering, etc.

So, can I check COMMITTEE LETTER or should I put in individual recommender names on secondaries? I know it's not a committee letter in the sense that it's a summary of all my letters, but all the letters arrive in one package...?

Members don't see this ad.

I think a committee letter designation only applies to a composite letter written by a pre-health committee. Even if your recs come in one packet, I would list out the recommenders separately to be safe.

MrMet31 said:
I think a committee letter designation only applies to a composite letter written by a pre-health committee. Even if your recs come in one packet, I would list out the recommenders separately to be safe.

i would call the schools to be safe....cannntt go wrong with calling the school

Members don't see this ad :)
juiceman311 said:
I'm doing my letters through a confidential letter service provided by my major. My recommenders give them my letter of rec, and they handle mailing it out to schools and such. So they all (the letters) arrive to the schools in one package. Also, my pre-med advisor puts a cover letter in the packet describing my major and it's top 5 rank in the country and where my GPA ranks in the college of engineering, etc.

So, can I check COMMITTEE LETTER or should I put in individual recommender names on secondaries? I know it's not a committee letter in the sense that it's a summary of all my letters, but all the letters arrive in one package...?
I'd list them all by name since they are separate letters. You just happen to have the bonus of your pre-med office making life easy (sorda like a local Interfolio).

agreed... the committee at my school writes one letter from the 4 i give them... yours sounds a bit different. either way i dont think it will hurt you whichever you choose... the school wont care about the check box they care about what is said

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
agreed... the committee at my school writes one letter from the 4 i give them... yours sounds a bit different. either way i dont think it will hurt you whichever you choose... the school wont care about the check box they care about what is said

Related q: My school doesn't have a premed committee, or a class rank, do I need to indicate this somewhere on secondaries so they don't wonder where the committee letter went?