Committee letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crut

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What exactly is a committee letter? At my university, we solicit letters from individuals who submit them to our pre-medical adviser. She compiles and sends a packet... Is this a committee letter? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

A committee letter is written by a pre-medical committee. A packet of letters is not a committee letter. Some schools require you to interview with the committee to receive a letter of reccomendation, others require individual letters, a biographical sketch, and other documentation. It sounds like your school doesn't offer a committee letter.

A committee letter is written by a pre-medical committee. A packet of letters is not a committee letter. Some schools require you to interview with the committee to receive a letter of reccomendation, others require individual letters, a biographical sketch, and other documentation. It sounds like your school doesn't offer a committee letter.

My committee required all of the above (interview, individual letters from profs, copy of my personal statement, and a detailed CV).

Members don't see this ad :)
My school doesn't require a committee interview and they call it a committee letter anyway.

the committee letter at my school is just a general letter saying that I have at least one science LOR and have met the pre-med requirements (courses).

AKA - worthless.