Committee LOR length..worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdf123g

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was on Interfolio and I just noticed my packet is 10 pages long! I have 3 sci LORs and a physician LOR...so that's 4 pages. What the heck are the other 6 pages? I have no idea what is composed in a typical packet since Ive never seen one but if I were to guess (and guess liberally) my brain would say: 1 page is just a cover page, 1 page present the committee, and 1 page sums up their interview of me. Even with that...that leaves 3 pages unaccounted for (if you include my LORs that are included in the packet).

Im worried because I got into some big trouble (not honor code related) a few years back, more character related. No charges were made of any sort but rumors floated around. Small school so everyone tells everyone stuff, professors to students and student to professor included.

thoughts? Is it typical to have a committee packet to be this long?? There really isnt THAT much to talk about me..I mean..i have a lot of EC's but none that the committee personally knew me from so they can't really talk much on that.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you could ask them what sorts of comments were included. the worst they will tell you is that they can't tell you and you're in the same spot.

each letter could have it's own coverpage for all we know.

It's possible the LORs from your professors were more than 1 page. I was worried too about something (not honor code related but I was really just being paranoid) and asked if that incident was going to be mentioned in my committee LOR and they said no. You can also ask if they wrote you a strong LOR in support of your candidacy.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
-I know for a fact the LOR's are included inside the packet.
-I asked if they would include anything bad, they said they have to remain objective (understandable), but there are two things that could be an app sinker for me.
-They said if it was bad they would just opt not to write me a comm letter...but knowing how bad an inept the premed committee is here, i wouldn't put it past them to provide me with a horrilbe Cpacket (should they include my 'incident')
-I was told by sci prof's afterward that they heard I performed exceptionally well at the interview (a good thing)...but it doesnt rule out them including the 2 app sinkers (refer to above bullet)

thank you for replies btw!!!

regardless, it's done and over with now lol. no going back basically haha. I wouldn't sweat it.

@baxt1412 : true. But the Q still at hand is that is the Cpacket supposed to be that many pages??? is that typical??

@baxt1412 : true. But the Q still at hand is that is the Cpacket supposed to be that many pages??? is that typical??

you'd have to ask a lot of people who have gotten committee letters. idk. it doesn't matter if it's not typical though... it could be silly formatting (ie each letter has it's own cover letter, etc) or it could be 10 pages of praises.

Anyone else know how many pages their committee packet is, as per interfolio as it says the # of pages?