1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Committee LOR Question For Reapplicants

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Physics Guy1421, May 18, 2008.

1. Physics Guy1421

Pre-Dental
    Ok so I did a forum search on this topic for about 15 minutes and couldn't find an answer to my question. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I applied to dental school for the 08 cycle and did not receive admission. For the 08 application I used a composite letter written by my pre-health committee. The composite letter consisted of LOR's from 2 physics prof's and 2 math prof's (my undergrad major was math/physics). This past year I have been doing some post-bac work at a different university and wish to add two more LOR's; one from a bio prof and one from a chem prof.

I have already asked my undergrad pre-health committee if they would incorporate these new LOR's into the composite and they have agreed. Now to my question: what should I do as far as the matching forms? Do I only need to have the 2 new professors complete the form, or all of them?

Thanks in advance!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Physics Guy1421

Pre-Dental
  4. dr bojangles

Dental Student
    no. all professors that are going to be included in the composite pre-health committee letter will probably have to fill out whatever your committee requires. matching forms for AADSAS are only if you have separate letters from your recommenders going directly to AADSAS. with committee letter, its different.

5. Physics Guy1421

Pre-Dental
    Dr. Bojangles,

Thanks ALOT for clarifying. So I just want to make sure I have this straight....I have a composite letter that I used last year consisting of 4 LOR's (2 from math 2 from physics). For the 2009 application cycle I'm having a LOR from a bio prof and a LOR from a chem prof added to the composite letter. So the new prof's only need to fill out info required by the pre-health committee, not the LOR matching form?

Thanks!