1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Committee LOR without MCAT scores?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by 87138, Aug 12, 2006.

1. 87138

87138 Guest

Medical Student
    Has anyone had their Premed committee write their LOR before they received your MCAT scores? My undergrad school says they do this, but I'm afraid they won't be able to give me as good a recommendation until I've "proved" myself (by scoring well on the MCAT).

I'm taking it next weekend, and I can potentially have my committee set up a meeting and then write my LOR before the scores are released in October (so that my LOR stuff is taken care of in time and doesn't delay everything), but don't want to get a "well, rogerwilco is a good student and is very involved, but we can't vouch for his ability on standardized tests until we see his scores" kind of letter.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr_Churchsocks

Dr_Churchsocks New Member

Pre-Medical
    So you are taking the August MCAT. Tell me when do you send your AMCAS in and does taking the MCAT later affect getting into schools.

4. ryandote

ryandote Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    In my opinion, your MCAT speaks for itself. People (committees) writing a letter of recommendation shouldn be writing on things that they have direct control over or knowledge of.....my committee writes a letter that explains the competitiveness of the program(s) I received degrees in, clubs/associations I was in, extracurriculars at school, but they mostly write about the 2 interviews that I had with members of the committee.