1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Committee LOR

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Polar girl, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Polar girl

Polar girl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

It seems there's all kinds of LOR threads flying around, but I tried searching, but didn't find anything on this, so...

My school has a pre-med committee for LOR. I had to give them 4 teacher LOR, and then they make a composite letter. However, they do not send the teacher letters like it appears that other schools do. They simply send their letter and a rating.

It looks like some schools say they accept a committee letter or x teacher letters. But others don't mention a committee letter. Since I do not have access to the teacher letters that were used to do the composite letter, do I need to get more teacher letters to send out? Or will most schools accept a committee letter only even if they don't specifically say it?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Which schools specifically are you concerned about.?

4. Polar girl

Polar girl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The ones that I'm not sure about:

case western, creighton, emory, iowa, loyola, med coll wisconsin and missouri

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Case's application asks for "the individuals... and/or the Premedical Committee that will submit letters on your behalf." I don't know about the others, because I didn't apply to them. Try starting a thread asking about those schools' LOR requirements with the school names in the thread title. (And check their websites first, sometimes there's info on there that gets ignored.)

6. Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member

i've heard u should use a committee letter if possible

7. Polar girl

Polar girl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for that info.

I did check their websites, but I didn't spend too much time, so I might have missed the info in a spot where I didn't think it'd be. Since there's a lot of schools, I think I may just visit my premed advisor. I'm not used to actually having to leave my room for info. ;)

8. i think a committee LOR is best

9. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

my committee letter was finally finished this week. yipee!!! they had had my 6 lor's for like 2 months!