Committee LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Polar girl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems there's all kinds of LOR threads flying around, but I tried searching, but didn't find anything on this, so...

My school has a pre-med committee for LOR. I had to give them 4 teacher LOR, and then they make a composite letter. However, they do not send the teacher letters like it appears that other schools do. They simply send their letter and a rating.

It looks like some schools say they accept a committee letter or x teacher letters. But others don't mention a committee letter. Since I do not have access to the teacher letters that were used to do the composite letter, do I need to get more teacher letters to send out? Or will most schools accept a committee letter only even if they don't specifically say it?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools specifically are you concerned about.?

The ones that I'm not sure about:

case western, creighton, emory, iowa, loyola, med coll wisconsin and missouri

Members don't see this ad :)
Case's application asks for "the individuals... and/or the Premedical Committee that will submit letters on your behalf." I don't know about the others, because I didn't apply to them. Try starting a thread asking about those schools' LOR requirements with the school names in the thread title. (And check their websites first, sometimes there's info on there that gets ignored.)

i've heard u should use a committee letter if possible

Thanks for that info.

I did check their websites, but I didn't spend too much time, so I might have missed the info in a spot where I didn't think it'd be. Since there's a lot of schools, I think I may just visit my premed advisor. I'm not used to actually having to leave my room for info. ;)

my committee letter was finally finished this week. yipee!!! they had had my 6 lor's for like 2 months!