geno2568

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
the premed committee in my school will not send out my committee packets until August 16th. I know a lot of people are rushing to send out there secondaries already, so will this late date hurt me?

riceman04

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
geno2568 said:
the premed committee in my school will not send out my committee packets until August 16th. I know a lot of people are rushing to send out there secondaries already, so will this late date hurt me?

That wont hurt that much...August 16th is not that far away...you are still light years of most people applying and are taking the August MCAT.

You might just be late in the first round (or in the early second round) of completed applications

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
No. Relax. You will still be file complete way ahead of the August MCAT'ers. There is nothing you can do about your committee anyway, so focus on writing good secondaries. At least you know you have more time now. :)

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
geno2568 said:
It actually shouldn't hurt you very much. Just make sure all your secondaries are in by then so that when your committee packet arrives you are all set to go.