common for schools to request senior year grades from late applicants?

drjammal

10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Amherst, NY
Status
Pre-Dental
How common is it for dental schools to ask to see your grades from senior year before accepting you? I applied a bit late (late oct) and am wondering if they would keep an admission decision lingering late in a rolling admissions process just for these grades. Are they more likely to ask earlier applicants for these grades while they begin to fill the class?
-Dan

JessicaSimpson

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2005
Status
drjammal said:
How common is it for dental schools to ask to see your grades from senior year before accepting you? I applied a bit late (late oct) and am wondering if they would keep an admission decision lingering late in a rolling admissions process just for these grades. Are they more likely to ask earlier applicants for these grades while they begin to fill the class?
-Dan
I don't think it has as much to do with applying early or late as it does with them being not 100% sure about the applicant. Also, I heard sometimes schools will give you a conditional acceptance - that is, you're in, as long as you don't fail your last few courses or something like that.

About the Ads