Community College Advise Wanted...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GCode86atl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey Guys. so i'm in a way a non traditional student. in the fall i'll be at Morehouse College which is a University and i'll be transfering from a community college. at the community college it was my first year out of high school and i took plenty of humanities and the calcs, but i only did Gen Chem I and II. and an introductory Bio Course. Everything else i obviously plan on taking at the university. I guess my question is should i take the science classes i took at the community college over? or should i continue on with my sophmore year as normal?

As long as you got good grades in them, you will be fine. There are many people here on SDN who have gone to a CC and have been accepted to med school, me for one. So don't take anything over you don't need to and just focus on your upcoming classes. :thumbup:

No need to take those CC classes over. Lots of people take CC classes then transfer.

Make sure you do well at Morehouse.

I wanna see you in the next "600 successful men at Morehouse" photo they circulate on the internet! :thumbup:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

No need to take those CC classes over. Lots of people take CC classes then transfer.

Make sure you do well at Morehouse.

I wanna see you in the next "600 successful men at Morehouse" photo they circulate on the internet! :thumbup:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I think you'll be fine. Those are lower level classes anyway. I took Gen. chem 2 and Orgo 1 and 2 at a CC and I got in.