Community College Courses - but no science!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinkfluffybunny

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Sorry if this question has been asked, I tried to find the specific non science one but please link it if It exists! Basically my family is having a lot of financial struggles due to COVID, and I only need a few classes for my major to graduate. Taking the classes (psychology classes) at a community college would be a lot lighter on my family financially instead of paying full tuition at my university. I have taken all my prerecs and upper level science courses at my current 4 year university (top public school), but paying thousands of dollars for 3 psychology classes does not seem worth it to me, ESPECIALLY when I have to worry about paying for med school as well. Do you think ADCOMS would look down on me for that? My university already agreed to let me transfer the credits. I was really looking at T20 schools, so I wouldn't want them to think I'm "taking an easy way out" especially when these classes are known blowoffs at my university.

Members don't see this ad.

I really doubt it would be a concern if you're just taking major reqs and you've already taken all the hard prereqs + UD sci classes anyway. Especially in a pandemic situation where everything is pretty weird.

Reactions: 1 user