community college courses taken before undergraduate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helloworld357

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this might be like the total opposite case of many of premed people are in....

Basically, during high school, I took a gap year and then applied to colleges. I applied early decision in the same year I graduated from my high school. I was admitted and later I took some classes(intro bio, physics and chem etc) during the upcoming spring at a community college cuz I kinda got bored.... I did get A's on all of them.

But I retook all of these courses when I came to college, cuz I though.. well... those courses/grades were from a community college...

Will this ever look weird to adcoms because there will be like two intro bio/chem etc courses. One taken at a community college before I started my undergraduate and one taken during my undergraduate....

P.S. I had also taken AP classes(bio, chem, physics) with getting 5's on them during my high school, so in a sense my premed courses during my undergraduate were like my third time taking them... I did get A's on all of them also... cuz yea...no reason to not get A's on them if they were third time for me..

Members don't see this ad.

Should be a good GPA boost.

If someone asks why, simple explain just as you have in your post.

They will probably wonder why the hell you took the same course twice when you got As, yes.