community college credit not accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikedoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which dental schools don't accept requirement course credit taken at community college?

I know tufts doesn't.

Any other dental schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure what schools flat out will not accept them, but are safe in assuming that many schools will not look at community college courses favorably. As long as you have a majority of courses (especially sciences) at a four year institution, you should be ok.

Does anybody have had a hard time because some sciences were taking at a Community College?

I took my bio I and bioII and all my chemistries at a Community College, but now I am taking even harder science classes at a 4 year university. My grades are excellent in both institutions, Does this count????
My pre-health advisor said it will count and show that I am good in a community college as in a 4 year university!!!!!:confused:

I took O chem at a Community College and although it was not as rigorous as some other school, I learned the basic concepts, which were tested on the DAT. I got a 19 on the Ochem section and I am not a chemistry wizz like many of the SDN people-