community college credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osimsDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, iam currently a college student at a 4 yr institution and iam taking general education courses at a community college. I know for a fact that the grades that are transfered to my 4 yr university are not posted as a letter grade but as a credit of the amount of units. However, i have heard that when applying to graduate school they can see the grades, is this true? thanks alot for your help...:)

Members don't see this ad.

yes that is true. When you apply to dental school or any sort of graduate program you are required to submit transcripts from all previously attended institutions.

yea but the thing is i just took it during the summer, it wasnt my previous school. Im currently a junior and attended the same institution for all 2 years. so would it still apply if im just taking it over the summer and its not from a previous school i went to?

Members don't see this ad :)
When you apply to dental school, every grade you have received for college courses, whether you received a letter grade or credit, must be submitted. This includes college courses you took in highschool or repeated courses.

yea but the thing is i just took it during the summer, it wasnt my previous school. Im currently a junior and attended the same institution for all 2 years. so would it still apply if im just taking it over the summer and its not from a previous school i went to?

I originally started college more than 10 years ago and due to some difficult situations didn't finish my degree. Now that I am a pre-dent I had to report all of my grades from way back when. They have nothing to do with the kind of student I am today but they still figure into the AADSAS GPA calculation. So basically, if you've EVER taken a college class ANYWHERE, you must report it and send an official transcript to AADSAS.

ok so.. i have a question guys..

I got some credits from a community college in which I took summer courses. They are English, Economics, history, and Accounting. They were taken when I was a freshmand and a sophomore in college.

I got like all B's in those courses. -___-;;;

so.. my overall GPA in my own institution is 3.8. However, when I include those grades to the grades that I got in my own institution, my overall GPA goes down to 3.6-3.7.

I mean.... how badly is this going to affect my admission??

please help and inform me about it.. -__-;;; thanks

you're fine ;) don't sweat the small stuff

That GPA is fine! Forget your GPA and flesh out the rest of your app. Many, if not all, schools want WELL ROUNDED students. I can't stress that enough.

Good luck