Oct 31, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
My university has a huge amount of general education courses which are required in order to graduate. i am also doing a non science major (anthropology) and am a premed. In order to save money, i am thinking of taking a few courses at my community college next semester or during the summer. They are not going to be science classes, but will be intro/101 classes like philosophy, ethics etc.) and also english and stats. is this advisable if i am interested in top tier schools (UMich, Duke, Yale etc.)? i can't really find any information concerning community college credits.

i am thinking of signing up for an online class (english 101) for this summer mainly because i am taking Orgo 1 and Physics 1 in the summer at my university. i commute, so i think i would save gas money, time, etc. if i did the online class. Is this advisable?

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Go for it an Online English will not kill you. However I hope you're not thinking of doing English + Orgo + physics all over 1 summer session. Because that will destroy you and you will not be able to manage.

OP
T
Oct 31, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Go for it an Online English will not kill you. However I hope you're not thinking of doing English + Orgo + physics all over 1 summer session. Because that will destroy you and you will not be able to manage.
actually, that is my plan. the English class is only 7 weeks ling, and the other two classes are 12 weeks. i know who the physics teacher is, and i have his old exams, which he reuses word for word. so i am confident that i will be able to manage.

Jan 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
If your aiming for very stop schools, I would stick to nonscience math courses at the community college, so basically take stats at your 4-year.

Also, I have heard rumors of some medical schools not taking online classes, so you might want to look into it a bit more before you decide.

allie1361

PGY 4
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2009
Houston, TX
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If your aiming for very stop schools, I would stick to nonscience math courses at the community college, so basically take stats at your 4-year.

Also, I have heard rumors of some medical schools not taking online classes, so you might want to look into it a bit more before you decide.
I can't speak for ALL medical schools, but I know for a fact that a lot of them accept online courses. And honestly, I don't think they'll know which ones are online unless you tell them. I know my transcripts didn't mention whether the courses were online or not...and I took a bunch of online classes.