1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Community College for DIY post bacc?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MeghanMD, May 18, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. MeghanMD

MeghanMD 2+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Hi all I'm graduating from a great private college with a major in marketing and minor in biology and psychology. I would like to do an MD/MBA program in the future. I was very fortunate to get into this school and have parents who could pay for it without loans or scholarships. I need to take med school pre-reqs after I graduate and I was wondering if I could take them at a community college because I just don't want to make my parents pay for another year of undergrad at my school and there is no way I could afford it myself.

They said if I got into med school we could figure out something to pay but would community college be okay- especially after an undergrad degree from a great school?

Sorry for all the questions in the past few days, I guess I have a lot to learn

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.