1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Community College Physics

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JulianCrane, Apr 7, 2002.

1. JulianCrane

JulianCrane The Power of Intention
    10+ Year Member

I am gonna be going home this summer, and I want to fulfill my physics requirements. I want to take them at the local community college. How will med school admission committees view this? These courses will be the only ones that I take at my community college. Is this OK? All advice is welcome.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

It's perfectly fine at the VAST majority of schools. A small handful will care. In general, do it, but check the MSAR before you fill out the AMCAS.

4. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My premed advisors have always told me that if I choose to take summer courses, it is best to take them at a univeristy comparable to your own. Otherwise it may look like you took the easy was out, since they generally look down on summer courses as it is. I took orgo at my own undergrad over the summer, along with lab.

This is just what my premed advisor says. I think if it is very convenient to take it at your CC, do it. It probably won't be a big deal. I also recommend that you get an A! :D

good luck!

5. Potato Papa

Potato Papa New Member

take gened classes. Nobody in med school going to care where you took Ethics or Philosophy.

6. JulianCrane

JulianCrane The Power of Intention
    10+ Year Member

What do you mean?

7. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I think some people are proposing you spend your summer fulfilling your general education requirements and not your major/pre-med requirements. There is some merit to this, but not enough to really stop you from taking physics if that is more convient.