Community College Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am gonna be going home this summer, and I want to fulfill my physics requirements. I want to take them at the local community college. How will med school admission committees view this? These courses will be the only ones that I take at my community college. Is this OK? All advice is welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

It's perfectly fine at the VAST majority of schools. A small handful will care. In general, do it, but check the MSAR before you fill out the AMCAS.

My premed advisors have always told me that if I choose to take summer courses, it is best to take them at a univeristy comparable to your own. Otherwise it may look like you took the easy was out, since they generally look down on summer courses as it is. I took orgo at my own undergrad over the summer, along with lab.

This is just what my premed advisor says. I think if it is very convenient to take it at your CC, do it. It probably won't be a big deal. I also recommend that you get an A! :D

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
take gened classes. Nobody in med school going to care where you took Ethics or Philosophy.

I think some people are proposing you spend your summer fulfilling your general education requirements and not your major/pre-med requirements. There is some merit to this, but not enough to really stop you from taking physics if that is more convient.