Community College/Transfer GPA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weird0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wondering how to calculate my GPA to get a scope of my chances in getting into certain schools. I took most of my requirements at community college and then transferred to a 4 year university. My CC was semester system and my university is quarter system. Would this make a difference in calculating a GPA, because some CC classes are lower in credit hours as compared to those in the quarter system.

I also had a question about including non-major/unrelated minor classes in the overall GPA. Is it included in the overall GPA, and do they care about it? Would they adjust it without those classes? I kind of took my minor to relieve stress and make the most of being at my university. I feel like they could judge me because of it, especially because it's not science.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

According to the PharmCAS site:
http://www.pharmcas.org/applicants/gpa.htm

"Quarter hours and units are converted to semester hours (quarter hours are multiplied by .667). The quality points are divided by the total number of hours for completed courses. PharmCAS will report your standardized GPA in semester-based 4.0 grading scale. "

PharmCAS also calculates these GPA's:
Undergraduate GPAs
• Science, Non-Science, Math and Undergraduate Cumulative

I'm not too familiar with PharmCAS, but I hope that helps.

Thanks Pharm B, sorry I should've researched that.

I had another question. Would anthropology, speech, and economics count in the science GPA... they are social sciences in a way.

:p

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)