Community College vs UCLA Extension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navycorpsman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It will not be feasible for me to take a formal Post-Bacc Program for $ reasons. Instead I plan to take the minimum 6-7 classes required for admission to many med schools (1 bio, 2 chem, 1 phys, 1 math, etc.).

I have three questions, but heres a bit of background.

CC: 2006 AA in Psychology and AS in Biology - 3.6 GPA
UCLA: 2008 BA in Psychology 2.6 GPA - had heart surgery and family issues - wish I had continued with Bio

1. I've taken bio, chem and stats before (2005-2006 at the CC level) and have gotten As and Bs. I almost feel I want to retake them because it's been awhile and I don't know if my grades would still matter since its been way over 5 years. Would they still count or better if I do retake them?

2. If I do retake them and continue with the other classes I've never taken (physics, precalc etc) what are the pros and cons of taking them at a CC level versus UCLA extension on my admission chances?

3. They require english class too. I took those at the CC level (2005-2006), should I retake that as well?

Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

It will not be feasible for me to take a formal Post-Bacc Program for $ reasons. Instead I plan to take the minimum 6-7 classes required for admission to many med schools (1 bio, 2 chem, 1 phys, 1 math, etc.).

I have three questions, but heres a bit of background.

CC: 2006 AA in Psychology and AS in Biology - 3.6 GPA
UCLA: 2008 BA in Psychology 2.6 GPA - had heart surgery and family issues - wish I had continued with Bio

1. I've taken bio, chem and stats before (2005-2006 at the CC level) and have gotten As and Bs. I almost feel I want to retake them because it's been awhile and I don't know if my grades would still matter since its been way over 5 years. Would they still count or better if I do retake them?

2. If I do retake them and continue with the other classes I've never taken (physics, precalc etc) what are the pros and cons of taking them at a CC level versus UCLA extension on my admission chances?

3. They require english class too. I took those at the CC level (2005-2006), should I retake that as well?

Thank you for your time.

Take them at a CC. Or better yet, wait for one of the admins **Cough** GORO! **COUGH**COUGH** to reply. They will have a better idea. :)

Last edited: