Community college will ruin me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent20192023

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in my freshman year of college going into 2nd semester. I went to a 4 year University for the 1st semester and finished with a 4.0 GPA. I'm deciding to transfer out of that 4 year University due to financial difficulties and extreme dislike for the college. I realize when I attend this CC I will have to take some of the prerequisites there. Will this ruin my chances of getting into a dental school because I spent some time at a community college? I do plan on transferring to a 4 year University again after this semester or maybe after my sophomore year.

Members don't see this ad.

no you're being dramatic. Some schools don't accept CC prereqs but you are not ruined.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to a CC and didn’t get ruined.

Reactions: 1 user
I went to CC for my first 2 years and had plenty of interviews/acceptances.

Good choice, save some money. Just make sure you keep up the high grades both at CC and at whichever University you plan to complete your undergrad.

I'm currently in my freshman year of college going into 2nd semester. I went to a 4 year University for the 1st semester and finished with a 4.0 GPA. I'm deciding to transfer out of that 4 year University due to financial difficulties and extreme dislike for the college. I realize when I attend this CC I will have to take some of the prerequisites there. Will this ruin my chances of getting into a dental school because I spent some time at a community college? I do plan on transferring to a 4 year University again after this semester or maybe after my sophomore year.
Downshifting may not be as detrimental to the aspirations you have, but your "extreme dislike for the college" doesn't say much about your ability to adapt to a new learning environment.

Last edited: