Community Healthcorps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fearslayer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any community healthcorps threads from the last couple of years, and quite literally every link I try has been broken. Is this still a thing? Is anyone currently doing it? I am very interested, so I very much hope it is still a thing!

Members don't see this ad.

Currently working as an AmeriCorps member in a health setting. Recently saw this article and was surprised to read it. There are multiple AmeriCorps spots around me, even healthcorps ones so it was shocking to read that. Can't speak to the future of AmeriCorps and specifically HealthCorps, but it is currently out there.

Edit: There might be a difference between what got actually shut down and what I currently do. The two might just be similar in practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Currently working as an AmeriCorps member in a health setting. Recently saw this article and was surprised to read it. There are multiple AmeriCorps spots around me, even healthcorps ones so it was shocking to read that. Can't speak to the future of AmeriCorps and specifically HealthCorps, but it is currently out there.

Edit: There might be a difference between what got actually shut down and what I currently do. The two might just be similar in practice.

Americorps has a lot of health related opportunities, so you're probably in one of those. Community Healthcorps is (or I guess was) one specific program where volunteers could work in understaffed clinics across the country.

There are definitely health related opportunities in Americorps outside of this particular program. Check out the VISTA and State/National programs - you can specify health as an interest when you search for programs!

Americorps has a lot of health related opportunities, so you're probably in one of those. Community Healthcorps is (or I guess was) one specific program where volunteers could work in understaffed clinics across the country.

There are definitely health related opportunities in Americorps outside of this particular program. Check out the VISTA and State/National programs - you can specify health as an interest when you search for programs!

It wasn't necessarily for understaffed clinics; it was clinics that served underserved patient populations. It just allows the clinic to have staff positions they would otherwise have to pay for but would still need to have. Community Health Corps which I was a part of last year was shut down after that year but there are many other health related AmeriCorps programs to check out.

Reactions: 1 users