Community Pharmacy Practice Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeRmPharmD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and I'm a first year pharmacy student at South University School of Pharmacy in Savannah, GA. I was wondering if anyone had any information on residencies, specifically, Community Pharmacy Practice Residencies. I got into this profession because I truly want to help people and with the ever-changing role of the pharmacist in today's society, I can. I want to go into Community Pharmacy, however, I want to have more of an impact than just dispensing medicine to people on a daily basis. What I want to do is called Disease State Management where you the pharmacist works with doctors in a given area and you help treat those doctors' patients through a protocol. I believe it is the Community Pharmacy Practice Residency that allows you to do this, but I wasn't sure. If anyone has any information on Disease State Management and/or residencies such as Community Pharmacy Residency, please, let me know. Thank you.

-Jeremy Smith

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Jeremy, welcome to the forum! I take it you are a classmate of "South2006"?

I personally don't know anybody in a community pharmacy residency program, but I know that a few of my classmates are already interested.

The best resource for that info is here: http://www.aphanet.org/development/compharm.html

In it, there is a community pharmacy residency locator, and the University of Tennessee COP community pharmacy residency seems like it fits your needs. I don't see one for Georgia. There is a program description available if you go through "program description listings" and pick "University of Tennessee" from the drop down list.

Hope this helps!

Just looking through the list of available community pharmacy residencies....

"Happy Harry's Community Pharmacy Residency Program"! That's gotta be a weird one to have on your CV! :D