Badger4Life

10+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Should I include community service work I was ordered to do by the state as part of my activites?

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Badger4Life said:
Should I include community service work I was ordered to do by the state as part of my activites?
Haha, something tells me no.

R.P. McMurphy

10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Badger4Life said:
Why did you have to do it?

AggieJohn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.aggiepremed.org
Status
Medical Student
I would include it and leave out the part that you were compelled by the state. You most likely have to put the cause somewhere else on the application anyways. Turn lemons into lemonade!

OP
B

Badger4Life

10+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
haha, I guess I should have clarified, it was my FRIEND who is also applying who was wondering, and we had this discussion the other day....he got a disorderly conduct ticket...not a misdemeanor or felony.

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Badger4Life said:
haha, I guess I should have clarified, it was my FRIEND who is also applying who was wondering, and we had this discussion the other day....he got a disorderly conduct ticket...not a misdemeanor or felony.
Suuuuuure... That's what they all say. ;)

10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
Medical Student
i'd say no because depending on the actual community service duties, that might raise some questions that could lead to why you didn't say anything about the disorderly conduct. (you = your friend)

kevster2001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status
Medical Student
no, theres no need to bring that up

OP
B

Badger4Life

10+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I PROMISE i have nothing more than a few speeding tickets and that darn underage drinking ticket from last summer to my name. I mean come on, I have an image to protect here.