Comp Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tarantismnow

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So they say they'll let you know about two weeks after the interview. For those with experience, How accurate is that??

And Those who interviewed around 10/17, I know there were a bunch of us, let us know when you find out.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I interviewed the 17th! Still haven't heard, but was curious who you were.... ? :)

I received my letter of acceptance EXACTLY two weeks after I interviewed! I was impressed by how timely they were.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks. I hope it was good news. When was your interview? If you don't mind me asking?

I was accepted! Yay! Anyway, I interviewed on October 11th and got the letter last Friday.

is that jennij from AZ, I believe?

I would be that tall guy that ate all the chips. Frankly, I thinking they would do better than Subway.

congrats Bmblee888. are you going to COMP?

I would be that tall guy that ate all the chips. Frankly, I thinking they would do better than Subway.

I'm still waiting to hear from 20 other allopathic schools. If I don't get into any of those schools, then yes, I'm going to COMP. I had an interview at Touro, but I withdrew my application after getting my acceptance at Comp. I'm from So Cal and I realistically felt that staying close to home was the best situation for me. Are you going to go to Comp if you get accepted?

I applied to 4 other allopathics - the So Cal circuit.
I am recently married and staying in california is a must.
I like osteopathy and COMP is a definite option. UC tuition is hard to pass on and San Diego has great surf. SD is likely my first choice but also a bit of a long shot.

My boyfriend is a first year med student at UCSD. So I definitely would LOVE to get into SD. But you're right, it's also a long shot for me as well. But I figured Pomona is not THAT far away from SD, and since I'm used to the drive (my parents live in LA) I'll just be driving back here on weekends to see him. We would like to get married, but for now we think we should wait a few years. Possibly until I graduate. But, the big question for me is...if I get into an allopathic school out-of-state, I wonder if I will choose to go.

I'm interviewing on Nov. 14th. We'll see if they let me know in a timely fashion.

Originally posted by Toejam
I'm interviewing on Nov. 14th. We'll see if they let me know in a timely fashion.

TJ,

Just flew back from there. Was pretty low-key. Will post feedback when I shake the lag.

- Tae

interview 10/17
accepted 10/30

Thanks for the feedback!

Congrats tarantismnow! Maybe I'll see you there next year!

Originally posted by tarantismnow

Yup! Sure is! ;)

Congrats on the acceptance!!! I got mine last weekend, but I think I may decline for PCOM..... :D

CCOM acceptees,
I got a 3.65 GPA and a 28N mcat, has anyone with comparable stats got in?

Originally posted by jennij
Yup! Sure is! ;)

Congrats on the acceptance!!! I got mine last weekend, but I think I may decline for PCOM..... :D

So I guess you're withdrawing from the AZCOM waitlist, huh? :laugh:

- Tae

Tae,
Hmmmm, well I was wondering if I should make THEM wait a while...... No, just kidding! I am actually talking to the dean at AZCOM right now to find out why I was waitlisted. I already told him I was going to PCOM instead...... He was really excited for me! :D

Originally posted by jennij
Tae,
Hmmmm, well I was wondering if I should make THEM wait a while...... No, just kidding! I am actually talking to the dean at AZCOM right now to find out why I was waitlisted. I already told him I was going to PCOM instead...... He was really excited for me! :D

Ask him about mine too. Heh.

- Tae

Hi folks,
Just a friendly reminder.. if you have any questions about Western, you can always come and post on any of the COMP threads in the Pre-DO ( COMP 2007) or DO sections (COMP 2006 and COMP 2005) on SDN. Thanks!