COMP Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoCal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone with some info. regarding COMPs curriculum? ie.problem based learning ect. The more info. the better. I am trying to get some background for my interview. Anything you can share, would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm a MSI at COMP. Basically, we do the basic sciences right now (anatomy, physio, biochem, histology, embryology, microbio, and of course OMM) right now. We're adding on pathology, pharmacology and some other courses in a few months. We have an exam everyone Monday (yes that's right, EVERY monday! except holidays of course). But once you're in the groove of things, it'll be okay. We move on to the systems 2nd semester. Then onto 2nd year. We get about 2 months off in the summer (I'm not sure because it's not there yet and I haven't checked the schedule).
For anatomy, there are some group-learning stuff, because we are divided into dissection groups and we do some clinical related peer-lead learning every few weeks. And we have our micro lab group. I think you'll find your study group once you get to know everyone and see who you're more comfortable working with. Oh, and there's always your OMM group (the ppl that you try to manipulate 2-3x a week hehe). Our class is pretty tight this year I think and it helps a lot when we're trying to cram Sunday night for a Monday morning exam :)
Hm.. I think that's it for the curriculum part of it that I know. But don't worry, they'll give you a run-down at the information session of the interview (and lots of handouts too). Ask lots of questions!! It could be the determining factor. For me, I just felt more comfortable walking around COMP than other schools. That was a biggie for me. So far, I'm enjoying it (despite my score on the 1st anatomy exam today :()
Well good luck, and if you have any more questions, shoot me and email.

NX811 - Thanks for your informative response. I have my interview tomm. morning, and wanted some last minute info. Thanks again, and I'll let you know how it goes.

<b>SoCal</b>- I'll try to look/wave to ya if you're in the MSI classroom after 10 or in the commons at lunch.

Best wishes tomorrow. You'll be excellent!