COMP questions

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by HoumanMD, May 29, 2002.

1. HoumanMD

HoumanMD Junior Member

O.K. from what I can tell, COMP does everything it can for a competitive attidue with the grades broken down to the percentages. What are some of your experiences <besides the fiasco posted on here earlier>. Also what does the 1st year curriculum consist of? It seems like it is the 1st 2 years of the MD schools packed into the 1st semester... please clarify

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. melancholy

melancholy 1K Member

Attending Physician
    Schools definitely vary on how the curriculum for the first two years go. The way COMP is set up.. the first semester of your first year consists of most of your basic sciences in addition to all of gross anatomy aside from the head and neck portion. The second semester begins with one month to finish up the head and neck portion of gross anatomy and also begins with systems-based courses.. typically dermal system. The rest of the semester and the second year seem to be mostly systems course although they do have a few other extra courses here and there that are included (sorry I'm not sure of the details there). Curriculums just vary from school to school though. It is definitely a tough first year, but being able to get through it says a lot I think.