COMP secondaries, interviews, accepted.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickmyster78

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happened to the COMP thread? Lets start another COMP thread.
Physician heals, nature makes well.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! :D
If you don't mind me asking, when was your application completed? My COMP application was completed as of today. Best of luck. :D :D :D

Hey...what's up?

I am a MS1 from NY...just wanted to say hello..and wish all of you good luck!!

I have seen two groups of interviewees...one last week...and one today actually...

Just be calm....and be yourself!!!

We started a thread like this one too....and it is still going on from last year....its a good way to meet fellow classmates...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Pele! I remember the excitement and anticipation I had when I found out about my interview.

Anyway, when you stop by on the 9th you should try to check out Dr. Zini (Current President of the AOA) talking with the students at lunchtime. Check with your tour guide to see if you could stop by.

Good luck!
Eric

Eric,
Whadda ya think about the maheym at the party on Friday? Hmm...can't have too many more of those nights....Damn....

Why are people advertising what is not for sale??

DAMN!!!

L.A. chicks...

I will be interviewing at COMP on 10/19, curious to see if anyone else will be there?

sport

I'll be there on oct. 19 as well.

But I'll be in the pharm lecture in the morning and micro lab in the afternoon. :D

Just wanted to wish all of you who are interviewing for COMP good luck!

Hope to see many of you come next aug.

I got a letter of acceptance this weekend!
I am totally excited b/c Comp is my first choice. If anyone has any questions regarding the interview...just email me. Good luck

Aditi310, congrats!!!!

COMP was my first choice last year also.

I still remember the exitement as I was reading through that acceptance letter.

See you next Aug.

Better yet we should all meet before school starts.

That's what some of SDN members of our school did last year.

Again, congrats!

Now you can totally kick back and enjoy. :D

Congrats on your acceptance....I spoke with your "friend" today on AOL..and she told me the good news!!!!

Enjoy...and we'll see ya next year...

If you want...e-mail me...the MS1's get together after our Monday exams...which is EVERY Monday this semester..and we drink and well....whatever happens...let's say...Blow off steam...

You are welcome to come...e-mail me and I'll fill ya in...

Congrats again!!!

I got a call from WesternU/COMP this morning and I am going to have an interview this Thursday. In two days!!! I'm not worried about the transportation, because I live only 20 minutes from the school. I am freakin' excited!!! :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad :)
rickmyster78,

congrats on the interview, i'll be there Friday...good luck :cool:

Had COMP interview yesterday morning. Not to bad overall. I didn't get any difficult questions. They asked questions about myself and my research. very laid back. good luck to all.

Do you think it's too late to send in my COMP secondary? I've put it off because of all the essays, and now I'm worried that I've put myself at a disadvantage. :(

Does anyone know when they normally fill the class by? :confused:

Thanks! :)

Hi solie,

I am also worried about my situation. I put off doing secondary until now, and my friend tells me that she got accepted at western!

I am going to pray taht by the time I submit my secondaries, not all of the spots are filled :)

Honestly, I don't think we have too much to worry, because people are getting interview dates now, so we are not too late. I think that my friend got the interview few weeks after submitting the seconary (don't know how many weeks) but hopefully, since we are submitting the secondary when there isn't as much applications piled up, I hope that the process is going to take less time.

Good luck!

I'm in!!!!!!!!!! I received my acceptance yesterday!!! I'm stoked! See ya in August!!!!

The Falconer,

Congrats!!!!

See you next Aug. I'll be MS II then.

For those people who are still sitting on their secondaries, it's not that late.

But you should definitely send those in ASAP.

Good Luck to All. ;)

trying2submit--
Thanks for your post--it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one!
:)
Good luck to you!

Don't have to reply if you don't want to. Has anyone got an interview and not get in (rejected or wait listed)? :confused:

hey guys,

i dont mean to sound awkward or anything but i've heard some shady things about comp...i dunno if they're true though...but isnt ponoma CA ghetto as hell? and the campus was a strip mall? i also heard the faculty and facilities arent all that and californians cringe when they hear about COMP (and touro too).... a guy i met at an interview who lived in the bay area told me this...are there any other things i should know about before applying to COMP? :confused:

have you ever visited COMP before? If not then you should visit the school before you apply. Yes, COMP is located in downtown Pomona, but the area is not "ghetto as hell." The area is relatively safe. the area where USC is located is ghetto as hell. the buidings used to be stores, but the facilities are excellent. More importantly, COMP has a very good choice of adjunct medical facilities where 3rd and 4th year MS's could do their rotations and the students usually score very high on the boards. That's more important to me than the location.

hell, it's southern california!! what more can you ask for?

i love it here, plus all the locals walking around give the place a little reminder of real life. ;)

i love it here...and i'm a long way from home...
~pyo

Solie,

I hope you turned in your secondary application. I just got an interview invite on 11/15!

For those who are familiar with application process, approximately what percent of the interviewees get accepted at COMP? (also what percent of applicants get interview?-- for my friend who is still waiting for interview invite )

Thanks! -- I'm excited :)

trying2submit,

Congrats on the interview!!
Yep, I did send in my secondary, but I'm still waiting to see if I get an interview there. I've got one at DMU on Nov.9 and KCOM on Nov.19, but COMP would be great as well! :)

Good Luck!

i figure it this way...there are about 4000 applicants to COMP and ~170 seats open. they end up interviewing ~500. but based on statistcs, and this goes for all medschools, they have to accept twice the number of seats available in order to guarentee that all seats will be filled before the begining of next school year. so basically 340 acceptances will be sent out. this means, if you are an interviewee, you have better than 50% chance in getting in.

my advice, make the best impression you can to the interviewers. keep updated on current events, some will ask you thought provoking questions, most will just ask about who you are and what you have done to get to this point (they will comment on your essays and recomendation letters). be yourself, DO NOT get psyched out, always ask questions, and most important of all have fun. interviewing was one of the best times i had.

Good luck and hope to see you soon!
Check out some of the stuff written in the Osteopathic thread. Class of 2005 and Class of 2006. it's an excellent way to get in touch with other sudents and read about our current drama...

i love it here!
~pyoj
COMP '05

Whoops.. didn't know this thread existed here. Guess I should check the pre-DO section more often if I want to offer a little advice. Just letting you guys/gals know that this MS-I is hear for ya!

What did you guys like most abt COMP when you guys interviewed there? I still haven't turned in my secondary...Still working on it...
Any advice on how to get an interview, esp. since I dont have LOR from a DO...

tnt3- What did I like about COMP during my interview. Well, the location in southern California strongly appealed to me first of all. Another point I noticed while walking around campus was that even though it wasn't the best-looking, it felt relatively safe and they had decent facilities in my opinion. The MS-II who took me around was frank in the good/bad/ugly of the school and that was very helpful as well. The offer of the summer anatomy programs was an added bonus although at the time, I was just worried about getting in. I didn't feel like there were any gaping deficiencies... I have lived in Orange County (about 15-30 minutes from the school) for the last two years and I've met a few physicians/faculty associated with the school.. all good experiences.

By the way, the letter of recommendation is actually pretty important I think. I was only able to talk to a DO a few times and even though he didn't have much to go on aside from some materials I gave him, he still wrote a helpful LOR for me. Keep on trying the phone book/internet for resources if you're still having trouble finding a DO. I think eventually you will get through to a DO who senses your persistence and dedication in getting into a DO school and that will put your foot in the door... that's all that's needed to fulfill this requirement of the application to me.

TNT3,
As a fellow NY-er...you need to get your application in...we need more people from NY here....Get your stuff together and get moving!!!!!

Hi guys-

I just got invited for an interview at COMP on 12/13! I am very excited and was looking for any helpful tips from any recent interviewees.

Thanks for the help!..O

Hello all! I am interviewing at COMP on 12/6. I was so excited to get that phone call! Anyone have any advice on where to stay? Any other advice on ways to prepare for the interview?

Hi, this is my first time on the message board so please forgive me if I'm asking anything redundant. I was wondering if anyone knew the protocal for interview notifications at WesternU/COM? Do they notify by mail or phone? I was just asking because I've received invites from other schools, but have not heard anything from WesternU/COM (in Pamona). It's ironic because that was one of the first secondaries that I turned in. Should I count myself out at this point? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bac-

I believe Western notifies interviewees by phone. Have you checked on the status of your application by phone with admissions? Last week I called and they told me I was missing Letters of Recs, which I had sent 3 weeks ago! Call up admissions and see where your file is or better yet, go to admissions to show your interest in the school. Best of Luck!

O

Oscar_Meyer,

Hey thanks for the reply, it was very helpful. I did call them a couple of days ago and they said that my file was complete and that I should be getting something in the mail soon. I guess that's a pretty good indication that it's not an interview invitation since they only do phone invites. Well, I'm still pretty happy with my other options and keeping my spirits up! I wish you the best of luck with the application process. It's a pain in the a-s, but in the end...it's all worth it :)

bacl0007

Hey oscar_meyer,

Just wanted to wish you good luck on 12/13! I will be there on 12/6, flying all the way from Boston! It is my 1st interview so I'm both excited and a little nervous. Hopefully it will go well for both of us. Is COMP your first choice?

Well, best of luck to you!

Shannon

Hey Yosh,

I'm sending out my application tomorrow (hopefully!). I'm such a proscrastinator...
I hope I get in somewhere or else i don't know what i'm gonna do next year.
I think my chances are kind of slim though...

Btw, I'm grew up in San Diego...but i've been in New York for the past four years for college and work...I miss Cali!

Boston Girl aka Shannon-

Good luck on your interview on 12/6! That was the first date the admissions office gave me to interview, but unfortunately I have finals that day...too bad, it would have been great to meet a potential classmate! COMP is my first choice and will be my first interview. I more nervous than excited right now! I wish you all the luck in the world, and keep me informed on how the interview went!

O

TNT3,
I have been at COMP since July...and I miss NY!!!

About the app...GET YOUR ASS MOVING!!!

Best of Luck!!!!

OK...I did it! I finally sent out my supplemental application today. And, i got enough courage to ask a DO to write a letter of recommendation for me. I already had an MD write a LOR for me just to meet the requirement. So, hopefully i'll get an interview soon...