COMP Students....Housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

PV1

Hey guys,

just wondering where most COMP students end up living, and how long the drive to the school is. what would be a good compromise between drive time vs. location? thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Because Pomona is so crappy, i heard its best to live in Brea.

any other suggestions?... this is a concern of mine as well.

Brea is too far. Stay off the freeway cuz the geniuses that made our schedule 8-5 failed to consider rush hour. I live in Claremont and there are very beautiful parts of this towne, La Verne too. Chino is pretty popular that way you don't have to cross the interstate. Ya, stay out of Pomona unless convenience is more important to you than security. To me it is. I hate traffic and next year I will be in Pomona. Spend some time in the REAL inner city and Pomona will look like kindergarten.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got some ambiguous answers as to how COMP student services works to help students find housing. Anyone have info on this??

Hey guys,

I'll be going to COMP as well. Since I'm very familiar with the area (parents' house only 20 min away), I started looking at housing this past week just to get an idea of things. If you want a pretty good area, try La Verne and San Dimas where you won't need to take the freeway. Others stay in Claremont (10-15min away), which is more costly, and others try Pomona which is less costly but not too nice. On average, housing can start as low as $595/mo (Pomona) to $950/mo (Claremont) for a single studio to a 1 bdrm apt. COMP should be sending more info on housing and a list of those who are considering roommates once they know who'll be attending for the Fall. I did inquire with them already.
Hope this helps, and if you need any more info just let me know.

well Robbc and Adismo...

looks like i'll be seeing you guys there next year! anybody plannin to take the summer pre-anatomy program they have? i was going to but i heard its better to relax this summer and take the regular course...

Pritbir

First of all. I share a three bedroom Claremont house with a huge yard, two car garage, storage shed, covered patio, and permanent BBQ pit. My share of the rent is $360.
But what MADE me respond was the summer program comment. ISAC is awesome. You totally get ahead and are put in a position of respect to all of your classmates. It makes the first semester very bearable. Otherwise, you'll be scrambling and stressing like everyone else. I highly recommend it and so would any of the other 29 people who had the forethought and good sense to take it.

RobbC,
It looks like I too will be taking the COMP plunge...It looks like West Coast for me. I have talked to a bunch of people and they all rave about COMP, from students, to alumni, to physicians in the field.
I am going to do the Anatomy for Dummies, since I have never taken it before...and am kinda relieved to get my feet wet with a summer course.
So as it turns out....you just may have found yourself a Sig Ep sushi partner in med school..and maybe I can take you up on the L.A. tour from the last time I was there?

E-mail me...and we'll chat...

--Later