1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Compared to the August 03 MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by akalin24, Apr 18, 2004.

1. akalin24

akalin24 Member
    10+ Year Member

Did anyone sit for the August administration last summer?

If so, how did it compare with the difficulty of yesterday's exam?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. thirdangel

thirdangel Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I thought that the BS section was better on this test than August. (That might also be because I crashed halfway through and couldn't concentrate on that section in August), but overall I thought that yesterday's test was much tougher than August.

I'm just so glad that I never have to look at another MCAT book for the rest of my life!!

4. NubianPrincess

NubianPrincess Perpetually Bored
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I did. Deep down, I really feel that this test was easier, regardless of my preparation. Last august's PS section had more abstract concepts in my opinion...I think I had form DG or something. The bio section was also harder, although it seems like there was less genetics. And the verbal section was much harder in August. This time I had form CP. The only part that seemed the same to me was the writing sample, but I think that I did much better because I read some sample essays from the AAMC, and had a better idea of what they were looking for.

5. thinkpositive

thinkpositive futureMD
    5+ Year Member

thanks for that opinion :) so do you think that usually people do better the second time they take it ?

6. shock827

shock827 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I took the test last year also. I truly believe it is easier the 2nd time because you've already gone through it. Or else it could have been luck that my verbal section wasn't so freakin hard. I think most people do better the second time.... at least I hope :)

7. NubianPrincess

NubianPrincess Perpetually Bored
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Let's see what my score is ;)

8. ajnak182

ajnak182 MCATretaker4life
    7+ Year Member

I thought that the test was fairly similar to the one I took in August. I thought the PS section was a bit harder and the verbal section was a bit easier. Granted, the only reason I retook the exam was because my verbal score blew elephant testicles, so my observation of its comparatively decreased difficulty could be attributed to the fact that I studied way harder for that section and was gunning for it. I found BS to be the most difficult, more difficult than AAMC 6R or 7, but was about as hard as I found the BS section of August's test to be. I had form AG, by the way. It seems that with these tests, there is an easy section, a medium section and a hard section. Did anyone else notice that kind of trend? Here's to doing nothing with my life for the next week, other than doing pint curls. :D Congrats to everyone who made it through that bloody thing. So, since I've taken the test twice, can I call myself an MCAT veteran and put some acronym at the end of my name to symbolize the pain and suffering the MCAT has inflicted upon me, or is the third time that's the charm :rolleyes: ? Late

AJ

That test can now SERIOUSLY kiss my ass

9. thirdangel

thirdangel Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Try taking it 4 times...

(I really shouldn't have taken it the 2 or the 3rd time because I was worried about a friend, but I couldn't bear to void the test either time.)