Comparing Gold Standard CBT to AAMC CBTs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdgolfer84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone took the Gold Standard CBTs. Does anyone know how close they are to the real thing? Any input would be great! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Stay AWAY from GOLD STANDARD!!!!LOrd knows I wasted my MONEY! If you can get refunded, please do, I couldn't:mad:. The Gold Standard practice test is disimilar to the real MCAT. The CBTs are poorly written, the structure of the passages is not like the real thing, the little box next to your answer options, is totally made up (not on the MCAT)...in conclusion, don't use. If you purchased the whole packet (books, cd, audio, etc...like i did), sorry bud, you wasted even more cheddar! The books have to much orgo (not covered on the real deal), and the CDs are monotonous and boring to my taste. The only good thing about the packet is the Practice Items.

On the other hand, AAMC practice tests are great!. If you want no surprises(well as little as possible) stick with aamc CBTs on e-mcat.com. The only disclaimer, is to not get accustomed to the search box in the verbal section; it isn't on the real thing. ALso, on the real MCAT a box will pop up when 45 and 5 minutes are left; you dont have that luxury while practicing. I even recall seeing some questions from the practice tests on the real deal. My advice to you is to practice with aamc. The structure, the passage based question, etc...are all quite the same. Practice really is what will make your score go up so you dont want to use bad material. However, if you still wish to use GS, only do it after you have taken all ur aamc and mastered them.

Hope this helps.

I do highly recommend ExamKrackers!!! :hardy:They are way more nicer to your pocket and definitely more EFFICIENT!

If you're looking for extra practice, go to ebay and bid on the 10 GS CBTs. I bought 10 for 40 bucks. I disagree with the poster above. I think the tests are adequate. I'd only recommend them, however, if you've used up all your AAMC tests.