Comparing the difficulty of entering Canadian Dental vs Med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

In2Infinity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I understand that i can try to find statistics and averages displaying the entering GPAs for various schools, but i wanted to come on here and ask more personally if any one has any information on the difficulty (GPA etc..) of entering grad schools in Canada for these 2 professions.

I have been looking at Canadian dental schools lately and the entrance GPAs are extremely high, but i cant find any as high for Canadian med schools.
One student i have talked to, from Manitoba said both dental and pharmacy were tougher to get into compared to the med school there.

any information along these lines would be great!

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know someone who could not get into med school in the US and she actually went to Canada and got into med school and did not like it. I would look into which schools interest you before you apply. I do not know the comparison of dental/medical, but obviously the Canadians are smart trying to be dentists before doctors!! Dental profession >> Medical profession

Really no one here has looked into the difference? or can offer some information?