Comparision of Surgery CCM vs. Anesthesia CCM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cardsurgguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's a thread in the surgery forums comparing the two. I wanted to get both viewpoints to get a more accurate view.

I know there's one here already, but that got hijacked into an MD vs. CRNA exchange, so can we just keep this one on the topic at hand??:rolleyes:

Anyways, here's the post from the surgery forum (just copying and pasting since I'm too lazy to type up the questions again...)

"Hey, everybody. I posted a similar thread in the anesthesia forum, but also wanted to get a surgeon's perspective on surgical-based (without trauma) CCM fellowships vs. anesthesia-based CCM fellowships in terms of overall training. Since most large academic hospitals have both the surgery and anesthesia departments running the SICU and/or CT-ICU, you'd think that the training is basically identical despite the different backgrounds in residency. Just wondering. Thanks in advance!"

So I'd like to hear things from the anesthesia perspective and hopefully the thread will stay on track this time...

Members don't see this ad.