Comparison of CUNY schools' Science Departments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProjectM

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking into pretty much most of the CUNYs (Hunter, City, Queens, John Jay etc) and since I am going to premed route, I was wondering which schools have the best science department? Also, which ones have the easiest science prereq courses? A lot of the folks I have been talking to are steering me toward City and Queens and away from Hunter saying that the quality of the facilities is a lot higher at Queens and City and that the professors from Hunter are horrible and that classes are too challenging (especially the intro biology courses). That being said, I have also heard that Hunter has the best premed track record out of all the CUNYs.

Any CUNY alums out there? What do you think?

All advice and input is greatly appreciated. And thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking into pretty much most of the CUNYs (Hunter, City, Queens, John Jay etc) and since I am going to premed route, I was wondering which schools have the best science department? Also, which ones have the easiest science prereq courses? A lot of the folks I have been talking to are steering me toward City and Queens and away from Hunter saying that the quality of the facilities is a lot higher at Queens and City and that the professors from Hunter are horrible and that classes are too challenging (especially the intro biology courses). That being said, I have also heard that Hunter has the best premed track record out of all the CUNYs.

Any CUNY alums out there? What do you think?

All advice and input is greatly appreciated. And thanks!!
I personally did not attend Hunter, but a few of my classmates were pre-med there and have been successful in med school thus far. Can’t elaborate more than that, though.

I would go to Hunter or CCNY. Personally I went to CCNY and found that the school has everything you need to succeed and pursue a career in medicine. Pre-reqs in 4 year Cunys are not going to be easy except for maybe Medgar Evers. Keep in mind if you matriculate into one of the CUNYs you can take courses in any other CUNY through an E-permit.

If you need any specific advice I PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile