SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Comparison of Hopkins & Yale

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by guava, Mar 25, 2007.

1. guava

guava

Mar 25, 2007
    Just registered on SDN. It's great entertainment reading through the threads!

I'm trying to decide between Johns Hopkins and Yale. Does anyone have opinions about the quality of clinical training at the two institutions? I know Yale has a much smaller hospital, but how much of a disadvantage is that?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. weathertalk

weathertalk 5+ Year Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Hopkins is completely superior to Yale in every way. Heck, even Baltimore (usually a point against JHU) is way better than New Haven.

Hopkins has a far superior hospital (#1), Yale's is not even ranked
    Hopkins is far more prestigious than Yale
    Hopkins kicks Yale's butt in NIH dollars
    Hopkins has FAR FAR FAR superior residency programs to Yale

IMHO, the only reason anyone would go to Yale over Hopkins is because they felt that they wouldn't be able to compete at Hopkins and wanted to avoid getting their butt kicked by hiding their mediocrity with the grade-less, rank-less Yale system.

(BTW, Yale was one of my top choices precisely because I didnt' want my butt kicked by high caliber students :) )

4. pyrois

pyrois 2+ Year Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Berkeley, CA
    So, first of all, I think you'd be silly to drop Hopkins for Yale, buuuut just to be the Devil's Advocate.

Yale matches extremely well (in fact, ALMOST as well as Hopkins if you think about it...) WHILE on the "Yale System" aka you control your life/far less competition (heck, hopkins has the "golden scalpel" award still:p).

As far as Baltimore Vs. New Haven, I actually prefer New Haven due solely to the "Yale Bubble." Baltimore is a piece of ****:p

Translation, I think life will be harder/worse at Hopkins, but you'll do "better."

On the other hand, unless you want to match into plastics/derm/rad/etc. at Hopkins, Yale will do you just as well without as much stress. To be honest, looking at Yale's match list, there's not much better you can do.

5. searun

searun 5+ Year Member

Jul 31, 2006
    So the consensus is gunner Hopkins and laid back Yale.

6. ElDocteur

ElDocteur 2+ Year Member

Mar 16, 2007
    You'll be able to get your choice of residency programs coming out of either place. While Yale-NH hospital is not as well-known or prestigious as Hopkins, Yale MED SCHOOL more than holds its own.
    Questions
    - would you rather live in Baltimore or New Haven ?
    - how does the financial aid package you are getting from the schools compare?
    - Do you prefer the Yale-system (no grades 1st two years) or the more traditional one at Hopkins?
    - Do you mind the fact that you have to do a THESIS project at Yale? (about half of their class usually takes a fifth year (tuition-free) to do research (or complete an MPH or MBA)
    - Personally, I found that Yale med students are among the most content students you'll find.
    Overall, I think Yale is more laid-back while Hopkins is more intense/gunnerish (to oversimplify a bit).

Go to second looks and see which place you fit best. When comparing places like Hopkins vs Yale, it all comes down to gut feeling. You'll be fine either way.:)

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor 2+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2007
    In difficulty: Classes at Hopkins >>>>>> Yale

8. anonymous101

anonymous101 2+ Year Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Go to Yale. Get great board scores, make a name for yourself by publishing your thesis research, and match into whatever PGY internhip/residency program you want at Hopkins or Harvard.

9. eekonomics

eekonomics 2+ Year Member

Dec 22, 2006
    I second this. Have you seen The Wire?!

10. pyrois

pyrois 2+ Year Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Berkeley, CA

Although I agree that Hopkins is "better" than Yale, none of these reasons are really relevant. Not a single one will matter for medical school, except (maybe) prestige. Then again, some would argue Yale's name is far more proliferative than Johns Hopkins simply due to the fact that Yale is more "well rounded" and thus better known in different fields.

Residency, on the other hand, is a different story.

11. sotired

sotired sotired 2+ Year Member

Jul 29, 2006
    YALE hands down. my brother actually had to make this decision a few years ago, picked yale over hopkins, and to this day says its the best decision he ever made. he matched this year at harvard in ophthalmology, had a great step1 score and had ample time to pursue research and basically anything else he wanted. he also said he encountered less stress at yale than in undergrad.

everyone's different, if a low-stress environment isn't for you, then by all means go hopkins.

12. mrkangpae

mrkangpae

Oct 8, 2006
    two points.

1) weathertalk - US News is not the Holy Bible.

2) I have a relative who chose Yale over Hopkins. he chose Yale because he had a family, and Yale's curriculum was flexible enough to give him time with his family. after Yale he went to Hopkins for his radiology residency; then he went to UCSF for his MRI fellowship and from there was clinical faculty at UCSF for a while. now he's the chair of radiology at a hospital he wants to work at, in a city he wants to live in, doing exactly what he wants to do. he hasn't regretted his decision for a second, and you won't either, however you decide. unless you get shot in Baltimore.

13. weathertalk

weathertalk 5+ Year Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Thanks for letting me know that US News is not the Holy Bible. However, I don't know why you wanted to point that out to me, since I never even mentioned the difference in rankings between the schools. The hospitals are a different matter, though, and I think a relevant one.

14. mdurfa

mdurfa Junior Member 2+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2006
    bump..any other thoughts on this comparison?

15. SupergreenMnM

SupergreenMnM Peanut, not chocolate 2+ Year Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Its a pointless comparison. People will go places because there are factors that make that school best for them, or other things (like prestige) are important. I turned down Yale for a worse ranked school, but one I personally feel is better and that I will get better training at. In the end it all comes to how much the individual deciding values certain things.

16. searun

searun 5+ Year Member

Jul 31, 2006
    These questions are tiresome, pointless, and silly. Yale and Hopkins are both wonderful schools, one better for some students, the other better for other students. If you have the ability to be accepted to either of these schools, (or Harvard vs. UCSF vs Stanford), you should have the brains not to ask such stupid questions. Just figure out yourself and then match yourself to the school that fits you. The question that you pose assumes absolutes that don't exist and also reveals that you know very little about yourself. So stop worrying about the schools and seek a little self understanding.

17. pyrois

pyrois 2+ Year Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Berkeley, CA
    He wouldn't be seeking advice from complete strangers if he hadn't already done this.

Clearly if he's comparing Hopkins and Yale, he's already turned down many other offers, which means he has quite a bit of self-understanding in terms of where he wants to go.

He has dwindled it down to two final choices, and is bringing it to the forums to get a "second opinion" so to speak.

If he barged in here with "Hopkins vs UCSF vs Harvard vs Yale vs UCLA vs Stanford vs Columbia" then I'd probably crack down on him and tell him to do a little self-discovery, but if he's trying to decide between two schools that he perceives as relatively evenly matched, then maybe hearing another person's thoughts on the situation may help break the tie.

I think questions like these are very legitimate. After all, it's a big decision and it's important to make sure you're not being a complete idiot:p

18. SupergreenMnM

Mar 27, 2007
    The point, however, is that we are all going to have different reasons for liking this school or that, some of us base it on perceived prestige, others based on what we like about one program or the other; however, this will be different for everyone so while Yales ultra laid back system may help someone who is good working on their own schedule, others would do well under a more structured system that can push them to excel. It depends on the person to make that, and other, personal choices that will make one school better than the other for them.

19. pyrois

pyrois 2+ Year Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Berkeley, CA
    True, which is why, ultimately, it's still up to the OP to decide.

It doesn't mean our opinions aren't helpful. There have been many times when somebody has point out an advantage OF an advantage that I never thought about before.

Perhaps he knows about the "Yale System" but maybe he doesn't realize that it might help him publish more (since some people don't think "publishing" is something you do during your free time, even though it is).

Tons of other things we could bring up, and probably have. Different interpretations and perceptions on the same facts.

20. SupergreenMnM

Mar 27, 2007
    I can agree with that...though I wonder if the school and or its current students may be a better source than us. I think a better way to ask is: I know point 1,2,3,4 about this school and 1,2,3,4 about this school, of which I like 1,2 from first and 3,4 for second...am I missing anything or how important are 1,4 in the long run, etc. instead of asking which school is better for clinical training from a group who have not trained there.

I was wondering if you would post a reply with out putting in a plug for the "Yale system"...I win :D

21. Dr Chooch

Dr Chooch will row for toast 7+ Year Member

Apr 7, 2002
    in a microwave
    Hey guava,

Congrats on having a wonderful choice to make. First of all, you probably already had a gut feeling before you started this thread about where you'd be happiest. Do yourself a HUGE favor and go with your gut, don't listen to anecdotes posted on SDN and other people's opinions on which is a better place. They aren't you and many probably have no idea what the training or atmosphere is really like at either place. And I doubt anyone has said anything you don't already know having interviewed at both places.

I remember making this decision a few years ago and ultimately chose Hopkins. For me, the history of Hopkins was inspiring, the people were lower key than I thought they would be for such a high-caliber place, and I liked the structure in the first 2 years. I thought I would just slack off if I went to Yale, but that's just me. Overall, I'm really glad I chose to go to Hopkins. My clinical training in the last 2 years has been excellent, and I feel well prepared for residency. I haven't felt overly stressed but Hopkins is a place where people work hard and in the end just want to be a good doc. Is this really different than other places? True, it sounds like the structure of the first 2 years are pretty different...I'm sure you know which is your style. But I doubt I put in more hours on the wards in the last 2 years than people at other schools, I didn't get yelled at by attendings, and almost everyone treated med students like we had something important to contribute. Also just went through the match, and having trained here definitely opened a lot of doors for me.

I hope that helps a little. I know a few people who trained at Yale Med, and loved it there too...the truth is tons of people could be happy at either med school. In the end you'll make the best decision for you. Good luck and PM me with any questions about Hopkins.

Chooch

22. mdurfa

mdurfa Junior Member 2+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2006
    can any yale students comment on the actual structure of the 'Yale System.' While, in theory, i love the concept of it- i am curious if, in practice, the actual medical education becomes secondary to all the other endeavors/research that yale students seem to pursue? how are the exams structured? i know they are optional...but is the structure of the yale system flexible, BUT also leaves room for administrative supervision making it hard to slack off? how does AOA work at yale?

23. Dookter

Dookter Senior Member 5+ Year Member

May 21, 2005
    I would go to Yale. I really have no academic reasons for saying this. I really would not want to move to either place, but Yale would suit my personality much better. I am a self-learner to the nth degree, and I like a laid back environment. To state that Hopkins is academically superior is a little silly. Both schools are academically amazing. It really just comes down to personal preference.

24. thatslife

thatslife Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Medicine pervades the environment at YSM. That being said there is a happy medium here. There are plenty of things to do with your time. You can fill your time by doing anything from enroll in elective classes to IM sports to napping. I think the main point of the free time/Yale system is to integrate learning and medicine into your daily life -- akin to what it should be like as a practicing physician.

Exams are exams. We have midterms which are more independent activities which are not really monitored. Finals or qualifiers are computer based, you take them on the honor code, they are corrected and they are not optional. If you don't meet the qualifying score, you have to meet with the professor to work on things that need improvement to the instructors satisfaction. So yes it is flexible and you won't fall through the cracks. Finally AOA is done after you match, so its awarded in your 4th year but does not give anybody a competitive advantage.

Hope that helps.

About making a decision between Yale and Hopkins, I'd have to agree with an above poster who said go with your gut. You'll know where you feel most at home.

25. Hebrew Hammer

Hebrew Hammer Registered Abuser 5+ Year Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Red Sox Nation
    I absolutely love medical school. I do not know how many students can say that from most schools in the country, but it is definitely true for me and most of my class. The culture of learning permeates everything that we do, and the learning takes place in the most academically stimulating place I have ever been. The point of the "Yale System" as many people have wondered is self evident when you spend time beeing educated here. The point is to truly learn the information for yourself, not for any competetive or structural reasons, and the system is found in all aspects of your education. Our basic science professors are literally the best in their fields, the writers of the text books and generally amazing teachers. This culture of learning is apparent in the mentoring they provide in our research projects, and in the relationships that we are able to make with the faculty. I know that all medical schools students live and breathe medicine, but I think that the students here breathe more relaxed and deeper. Also, don't be fooled when people say that the "Yale system" is not structured, because it is incredibly structured. The difference is in the manner it is taught and the way the information we learn is evaluated, not in the level of organization and structure. Furthermore, the Yale hospital might not be highly ranked compared to Johns Hopkins, but it is not due to lack of quality, simply, size, and the clinical experience which starts from the first week of school is excellent. In fact, in contrast to an enormous hospital like Hopkins where the resident gurus often have limited accessibility, the masters at Yale are amazingly available.

I know that you will get an amazing education at both Yale and Hopkins, both will open any doors to the future, and both can be used to impress grandma and grandpa. I guess I am just so happy at Yale, because not only am I getting a phenomenal education, but I am also truly enjoying the learning process. The competetive streak that got us here does not leave us, but transfers into better learning strategies. Believe me, both gunners and the more laid-back will be happy here since this is such an amazing place to learn.

Good luck, and hope to see you in the fall. If not, than enjoy Hopkins. I hear it too is an awesome school.

PS. Our match list is ridiculous

26. baylormed

baylormed On the Search 5+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Right behind you
    I second Yale as well.

From what I hear, it's much more relaxed (because of the no-grades system) and you have ample opportunity to pursue research (tuition-free, nonetheless) during your stay. Not to mention that while it's not #1 according to US News, it is still a school with an excellent name.

I also hear their anatomy lab doesn't stink, which is probably your best reason to choose it over Hopkins. ;)

Just my opinion, since I didn't get into either.

27. pyrois

pyrois 2+ Year Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Berkeley, CA
    They have these awesome metal covers, and it literally doesn't smell at all.

If they had a kitchen in that room, and I didn't fear the wrath of angry souls, I would totally be fine with cooking and eating there.

28. juleswinfield

juleswinfield Bad Mother F*#ker 2+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Baltimore
    Go to Yale so you can join Skull & Bones and rule the world post graduation.

29. Auscultate

Auscultate 2+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2007
    I think s(he) is 4 years too late for that :D - it's only for undergrads.
    Anyway, go with your gut feeling here, you can't go wrong with either of these two as far as your professional life is concerned. I would choose Yale simply because I prefer the more relaxed atmosphere.

30. lynn42

lynn42 Senior Member 5+ Year Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Hi everybody! I just wanted to say that here at Yale, we are all so incredibly happy!!! With the elimination of grades (we still have anonymous qualifying exams), we learn for our patients NOT for an exam. We are adults and don’t need exams to force us to study. We are all at Yale because we all love learning. The level of education is taken to a different level because we all collaborate with each other. We have a very rigorous curriculum, but we don’t have babysitters holding our hands. We have 100% control of our education. It is so liberating!! The idea behind this system is that as physicians, we are going to collaborate, why not learn that skill now? We are not competing for the first spot in the class because it simply doesn't exist. The Yale System has been around since the opening of the med school in 1810, and the system works. Our school does have ridiculous match lists (i.e. 8 people out of a class of 100 this year matched in derm)!! Ultimately, you can't go wrong picking Yale or Hopkins, but I can tell you that Yale students are the happiest med students I know- that is the reason I chose to attend Yale! Obviously I am biased and think hands down you should come to Yale, but I wish you the best of luck deciding!! :luck:

31. GeniusofLove

GeniusofLove 2+ Year Member

Oct 18, 2006
    I'm in the position of choosing between these two powerhouses and I realized that there is one important distinction that is more difficult for applicants to pin down, but that is quite important to me: quality of life. That being said, it isn't necessarily a suprising distinction either.

While Yale Med is part of a vibrant, intellectually diverse, artistic cultural University campus, Hopkins Med is rather isolated from any larger academic or artistic or intellectual culture. The Hopkins Med campus is situated rather bleakly in East Baltimore, not particularly close to downtown, not particularly close to Hopkins undergrad campus, and not particularly close to the more interesting neighborhoods in Baltimore. The area immediately around Hopkins lacks diversity in restaurants, shopping, housing, arts, etc. In other words, it isn't so much a neighborhood as a ghetto.

Aside from the 50% of the 1st year class that chooses to live on campus in Reed Hall dorms (and they leave much to be desired), the off-campus neighborhoods where students live are far-flung and not readily accessible by foot or even bike from Hopkins (these off-campus students rely heavily on their cars or the lone subway line in Baltimore to get to school). For some, this may be a nice change of pace. For me, though, I would miss being a part of a broader academic community that connects where I live and study, that provides a social outlet beyond the immediate members of my class who may not live near me anyway.

This distinction says nothing about the quality of the education or the rigors of the curriculum, but it speaks to quality of life issues. At Yale, I would not be as dependent on New Haven as Hopkins students are on Baltimore, and for this I would be grateful, because Baltimore leaves a lot to be desired (granted, I am spoiled by living in an outer borough of NYC (I did, however, go to JHU for undergrad)). Having de facto opportunities and outlets in the larger Yale universe means that I can connect to others who share my interests and are not in medical school necessarily much more readily than I can at Hopkins. Unless you are already enmeshed in a community in Baltimore or are especially socially adaptive, living in Baltimore can be isolating outside of a few interesting pockets.

For me, the opportunity to be a part of the Yale universe for 4 years will likely outweigh any advantages that Hopkins has in terms of clinical, research, or public health training (and those may be overstated). However, I am particularly inclined towards wanting a life outside of medical school that is interesting and accessible. If you hate the thesis requirement, don't trust the laid-back curriculum, or desperately want to train at Hopkins, then you will have other considerations to make, and you won't regret your decision.

Anybody care to (dis)agree? Just my opinion.

32. JourneyToMD

JourneyToMD Junior Member 5+ Year Member

Aug 13, 2005
    GeniusofLove... you must do your homework. (As I did).

Hopkins Medical School is located next to one of the most "artistic, intellectual" places in the world-- the renowned Peabody Music Institute. There is a huge art museum nearby, and the "drab" East Baltimore you talk of is apparently filled with countless ethnic restaurants, theaters, parks, and museums.

I feel that New Haven is actually a drab place. My cab driver told me that there wasn't much to do there and that Yale was the #1 employer on that side of the river. (not too much diversity there)

33. salotfiemran

salotfiemran New Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Alright, I don't really have to make a choice between these two schools but I live in baltimore county and work at Hopkins East Baltimore (Medical School) campus.

First, it is not that difficult to get from the E.Bmore campus to vibrant places. For example, just the other day, I walked the 1.5 miles down to Fells point where there are TONS of restaurants, cobblestone streets, hipster used record stores, cheap taco lunch joints, a waterfront, and lots of affordable, historic housing.

Second, whereas Hopkins is reaching out to the local community and building better relationships, Yale is closing itself off. In fact, nobody from New Haven that is not a Yale person is allowed to step into Yale libraries anymore, not even during the daytime. That is just one example. My boyfriend works for an alternative to incarceration program in New Haven and he says that the locals are getting more and more pissed off about what Yale is doing. However, in both towns once you step far enough away from the campus you are in dangerous territory.

Third, Baltimore is currently undergoing an urban renaissance. Hopkins is expanding into the Patterson Park area (among many other places) and if you buy a house near there the property value is probably going to double in the next 5 years. Also, Hopkins homewood is expanding as well and those property values, all the historic homes on the east side of the campus, are also going to jump in property value.

The Walters art gallery and the Baltimore Museum of Art are free for all visitors. We have the visionary arts museum, the science center, an aquarium, a zoo, a botanical garden, and the symphony orchestra. We have center stage which holds really great plays at affordable prices. The Peabody conservatory puts on lots of shows that are generally free for hopkins students. We have a really cute movie house that plays indie/sundance/artsy films. We also have the historic senator theater which shows regular movies and looks like an old opera house. There is the regular night life: bars in canton, fells point, federal hill, downtown, and more. We even have an internationally renowned culinary school. My favorite is our seriously french french bakery and charm city cakes (for those of us that watch food network). In short, there is a lot to do at a low price if you are willing to put a minuscule effort into finding it and getting off campus.

As far as ability to travel goes, yeah, it can be a challenge but its more of a challenge at new haven if you ever want to leave the yale bubble. For example, city buses will get you from fell's point to the east baltimore campus within 15 min (it is only a couple miles). There are also Hopkins shuttles which are free for all hopkins students and go to peabody (a lot of people like to live there, it's called Mt. vernon, and its really ritzy with LOTS of restaurants, but nothing that is completely unaffordable), the train station, hopkins east bmore campus, homewood campus, bayview campus, greenspring valley offices, white marsh offices, and more. (Hopkins has been super-expanding in the past 5 years). There is one subway line and if you have a family you can live out in one of the nicest suburbs (Owings Mills) and take the line all the way into the basement of Hopkins Hospital across the street from the medical school.

Hew. I mean, I'm kinda mad that Hopkins as not given me a chance twice! But, I gotta defend my bmore. I love this city!

34. Dookter

Dookter Senior Member 5+ Year Member

May 21, 2005
    Ha ha, you're telling someone who went to Hopkins undergrad to do their homework on Hopkins....

35. hot streaks

hot streaks

Mar 10, 2007
    The Walters and Baltimore Museum of art are wonderful spots but as far as I know have always charged an admission fee. I am a native, parents are docents in both museums.

36. pyrois

pyrois 2+ Year Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Berkeley, CA
    That actually makes me feel safer. Isn't that what they do with most college libraries? (the ones in UC Berkeley require cal ID to get in).

If the university libraries at Hopkins really allow anybody from the community (including homeless people, which would be a big issues in Berkeley since they would try to stay overnight) I would think it'd be a free for all in there.

37. pyrois

pyrois 2+ Year Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Berkeley, CA
    Well, it is pretty competitive over there. You may not have gotten out much:p

38. yoyoyankee

yoyoyankee Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 1, 2006
    It's a small detail, but the main library has installed metal detectors upon entrance very recently, but everyone is allowed to go in until 6 pm. It's only after that when it's restricted to those with a Yale ID.

As for culture, I don't know if you could beat the quality per square block here. The Schools of Music, Drama, Art, and Architecture are at the very top of their fields, while the undergraduate productions are incredibly excellent and abundant. This past weekend we had an all-day event on campus called Communiversity Day targeted at making the community feel more welcome at Yale. The two-week Arts&Ideas festival in the summer is another amazing time to integrate with the surrounding community. I don't know much about Baltimore, but if you're into a variety of excellent food and culture within easy walking distance, New Haven's the place to be.

39. sen

sen Member 5+ Year Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Last fall as a part of the "Free Fall" campaign to promote Baltimore culture (which was coincidently funded by Mayor O'Malley's Office while he was running for governor), the Walters and BMA were made free to the public. They have subsequently remained free, but I don't know if this is a long term plan or not, but as of now I can tell you that they are free.

40. Cirrus83

Cirrus83 Too old for this 10+ Year Member

May 31, 2006
    I'd go to Yale, and my only real reservation about it would be that I'd slack off somewhat more than I probably should without grades to let me gauge what's going on. Of course, I'd take all the tests anyway so it's not really any different. Plus, in reality, the fact that everyone else is studying hard will probably mean you'll be studying similarly hard anyway.

And if I recall correctly, Yale has super-delicious food (at least at their undergrad campus, but I can only assume that you'd have access to the same eating facilities anyway). Yes, it might sound silly to make food the deciding point, but to be honest both Yale and Hopkins have insane match-lists and are top schools, so it's not like going to Hopkins would make your career any more than going to Yale would.

Plus seriously, Maryland doesn't really do it for me, and at least New Haven is sorta close to family and friends in NYC.

Too bad this fantasy choice between Yale and Hopkins will never be mine :laugh:

41. Cirrus83

Cirrus83 Too old for this 10+ Year Member

May 31, 2006
    Well, at my school you weren't supposed to be there without a college ID, but more or less they don't really check during the daytime, so unless you happen to be doing something really sketchy (like say, look at porn on library computers, which unfortunately happens quite often) nobody is going to throw you out of the library. During the night-time the 24 hour computer center does have people go around and check IDs every few hours or something though.

Then again we didn't really have a homeless problem in our super freezing cold city lol.

42. salotfiemran

salotfiemran New Member

Apr 22, 2006
    the Walters & BMA recently started being free thanks to some anonymous donor.

43. salotfiemran

salotfiemran New Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Now now guys, I like New Haven too! I just had to defend Baltimore. Everyone gives Baltimore a bad rap and it really has a lot to offer.

44. the negative 1

the negative 1 Bovie to "war crimes" please 10+ Year Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Charm City
    Don't be hatin' on Baltimore, son.

Go O's!

45. baylormed

baylormed On the Search 5+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Right behind you
    Me too.

I feel your pain. :(

46. zeyo

zeyo

Apr 24, 2007
    yale, of course

47. Iniqitous

Iniqitous 2+ Year Member

Dec 6, 2006
    seems to me if you applied at Hopkins the intensity and campus were not a major consideration - access, rep and opportunities are hard to beat at Hopkins...and New Haven is not a garden spot remember

48. Stolenspatulas

Stolenspatulas 2+ Year Member

Sep 5, 2006
    go to yale to open up another spot on the hopkins waitlist ;)