Comparison of My Practice Tests Full Length to MCAT. HELP please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. otcoD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELP PLEASE! :(
I take my MCAT on June 2nd (15 days away...). I've done some Kaplan and TPR tests before but from what I've heard, EK and NS are the best companies to go for in terms of resemblance to the actual test (please those who have taken both companies tests AND the actual MCAT correct me if I'm wrong). In the past 7 days (including today) these are my scores:

May 14 - TPR: 497
Chem/Phys: 124
CARS: 124
Bio/Biochem : 126
Psych: 123

May 15 - AAMC Practice Test (most recent they released) : 494
Chem/Phys: 125
CARS: 123
Bio/Biochem: 125
Psych: 121

May 17 - AAMC Sample Test (the one they released back last year): 501 (I FINALLY BROKE 500)
Chem/Phys: 127
Bio/Biochem: 127

May 18(today) - EK 1: Chem/Phys: 56% (124)
CARS: 60% (123)
Bio/Biochem: 59% (124)
Psych: 53% (122) Overall: 57% which constitutes to (493)

What do you guys think I should do to try to raise my score? My goal is to get a 515 and I'm scared that I havent even reached numbers close to it yet. Honestly I thought I would have done better at Chem/Phys and Bio/Biochem.

I have access to Kaplan/TPR/EK/NS/AAMC materials. Money isn't an issue I just don't know what to do. I honestly thought EK was a LOT harder than the practice AAMC tests and I did significantly worse. Some of it I didn't know the concepts so I'll go over that, but otherwise...

Members don't see this ad.

If 515 is your goal, postpone. No way you are going to reach that score based on your consistent low scores. Sorry, just calling it how it is.

Why are you taking so many practice tests so close together? You're not giving yourself enough time to review them. It takes me almost 8 hours to fully review a practice test I usually have to split it into 2 days

Reactions: 1 user
HELP PLEASE! :(
I take my MCAT on June 2nd (15 days away...). I've done some Kaplan and TPR tests before but from what I've heard, EK and NS are the best companies to go for in terms of resemblance to the actual test (please those who have taken both companies tests AND the actual MCAT correct me if I'm wrong). In the past 7 days (including today) these are my scores:

May 14 - TPR: 497
Chem/Phys: 124
Bio/Biochem : 126

May 15 - AAMC Practice Test (most recent they released) : 494
Chem/Phys: 125
CARS: 123
Bio/Biochem: 125
Psych: 121

May 17 - AAMC Sample Test (the one they released back last year): 501 (I FINALLY BROKE 500)
Chem/Phys: 127
Bio/Biochem: 127

May 18(today) - EK 1: Chem/Phys: 56% (124)
CARS: 60% (123)
Bio/Biochem: 59% (124)
Psych: 53% (122) Overall: 57% which constitutes to (493)

What do you guys think I should do to try to raise my score? My goal is to get a 515 and I'm scared that I havent even reached numbers close to it yet. Honestly I thought I would have done better at Chem/Phys and Bio/Biochem.

I have access to Kaplan/TPR/EK/NS/AAMC materials. Money isn't an issue I just don't know what to do. I honestly thought EK was a LOT harder than the practice AAMC tests and I did significantly worse. Some of it I didn't know the concepts so I'll go over that, but otherwise...
Your study schedule is kind of ridiculous. I promise you that you're not reviewing your tests thoroughly enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you convert the unscored FL into actual scores?
I'm assuming they used something like this. https://www.reddit.com/r/Mcat/comments/4j8i1p/aamc_practice_test_1_tentative_scoring_scale/
It's not completely accurate because the sample is not the same as the scored but it can give you a ballpark estimate of how you are doing.

To the OP, you should definitely push it if your goal is above a 515. Most people are scoring around their scored full length. A lot of people are also saying the scored and unscored tests are easier than the actual MCAT. It would be in your best interest to push it with your current scores. You also should re-evaluate how you are reviewing and studying. Taking four practice tests in a week is physically and mentally exhausting, and does not give you nearly enough time to review it. Especially if you are scoring low because you have much more to review then. I'd push to June 18th if not beginning of July and in the meantime keep studying and really review your practice tests before moving on to the next.
Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
How did you convert the unscored FL into actual scores?
I had already taken the AAMC practice test (that one gives the section scores)
So I took the number correct I got out of each section, and put the correct answer in the AAMC practice test to give me the percentage, thus the section score.

Your study schedule is kind of ridiculous. I promise you that you're not reviewing your tests thoroughly enough.
I feel like I learn something new anytime I open up a new Psych passage. and Chem/Phys and Bio/Biochem are literally stupid mistakes multiple times -_-

Learning something new every time and making stupid mistakes shows a lack of foundations in content knowledge. Either you don't have a concrete understanding and/or you are unable to apply it the right way.