competition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweettooth

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if any current dental students have had to deal with cheating in their school? I have a couple of friends in med school and they're having a heck of a time dealing with this. They believe it's a group of people that take materials from their labs so other students can't study,and they get the materials to themselves!! Hopefully, none of you have had to deal with something this insane, but I was just wondering how you feel about the competitive environment and how you deal with it? If you had hopes of specializing and haven't been able to keep pace, how has it affected your morale? If you are keeping pace, is it worth the stress?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Cheating is a problem in every school. You just have to look past it, and make sure it doesn't affect you. People get kicked out every year for cheating... it's not so much that they're trying to 'rob' you, it's just that they can't cut it, and need to find some advantage. The best advice is to stay away from potential cheaters!

------------------
Chris Sortman
University of Michigan
School of Dentistry

My God. I never even considered that anyone would cheat in med school. Is this really a widespread thing. I've never heard about it before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmmm..........harsh but true....

In some of my undergrad classes, the profs will actually give any students an F if their test papers were used to be cheated off of (hope u get what i mean)......kinda weird but does makes sense

if you get caught cheating at my med school, you get kicked out and probably can never get into a medical school again (in the US anyways). No second chances, no appeals, I think it's good that way, can't have doctors making lab results when they don't feel like running them in themselves