Competitive DAT Score for a 3.35 sGPA 3.45oGPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jueves

#FreeJueves
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to get into a semi competitive school such as Indiana University or University of Louisville, would a 20AA or a 21AA be competitive with those stats? I've been getting a 3.65+ GPA the past 3 semesters and if I continue that trend I'll be at a 3.35sGPA and 3.45oGPA by the time I'm applying. What are your guys' thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Also asking because I take the DAT in 2 days and I would like to know a score I could be comfortable with- Don't want to retake it if 20AA or 21AA is enough

It depends on your ECs and personal statement as well, but yeah I'd think you'd have a shot! Aim for as high a score as possible I'm sure you'll easily land a 21 :)

Reactions: 1 user
It depends on your ECs and personal statement as well, but yeah I'd think you'd have a shot! Aim for as high a score as possible I'm sure you'll easily land a 21 :)

Thanks for the reply. This is assuming a solid personal statement. What are your recommendations for getting an impressive EC resume? I have 1 year to pump it up =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply. This is assuming a solid personal statement. What are your recommendations for getting an impressive EC resume? I have 1 year to pump it up =)

That's a lot of time to do some amazing things! Aside from 100+ shadowing hours and researching, do stuff that sticks out that people don't usually do. Work on making connections to influential people. 1 year is more than enough time to both become a certified EMT and also take a dental assisting course (possibly certify dental assistant but that depends on your state). See if you can shadow at a dentist over break who is a faculty at your state dental school, so he can write you a recommendation letter. Lastly, don't be afraid to ask people for what you want and take big steps. I got to write for the ASDA, submit a patent on viral therapy on cancer, and go to hang with the (now former) surgeon general and get a rec. letter from him by asking around and taking big steps. If it's hard for you to find a fancy job or anything, you can always volunteer places/start your own clubs at your college.

Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
That's a lot of time to do some amazing things! Aside from 100+ shadowing hours and researching, do stuff that sticks out that people don't usually do. Work on making connections to influential people. 1 year is more than enough time to both become a certified EMT and also take a dental assisting course (possibly certify dental assistant but that depends on your state). See if you can shadow at a dentist over break who is a faculty at your state dental school, so he can write you a recommendation letter. Lastly, don't be afraid to ask people for what you want and take big steps. I got to write for the ASDA, submit a patent on viral therapy on cancer, and go to hang with the (now former) surgeon general and get a rec. letter from him by asking around and taking big steps. If it's hard for you to find a fancy job or anything, you can always volunteer places/start your own clubs at your college.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the helpful advice, I'll make sure to start off with volunteer work and maybe make my way up to bigger steps such as research. =) Becoming a certified EMT or Dental Assistant sounds like a phenomenal idea.