Competitive PCAT score for Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starsweet

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what a competitive PCAT score is for Creighton (for the web-based class)? I thought there was a page on AACP's website with scores for all the schools but I can't find it now.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know but, Creighton is coming to my school on friday so I will try to find out then, unless you get an answer sooner.

The Creighton University School of Pharmacy and Health Professions requires the PCAT for admission into the Pharmacy program for all applicants with the exception of Creighton undergraduate students. The admission committee prefers to see a composite percentile score of 60 and above.

I didn't know if this was helpful. I was just browsing their site and saw this.

Dang, that's lower than I thought, maybe I can make it. ;)

TMVegas, if they say otherwise, please let me know!

Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
starsweet said:
Anyone know what a competitive PCAT score is for Creighton (for the web-based class)? I thought there was a page on AACP's website with scores for all the schools but I can't find it now.

Get in your application in now!!!!!!

min is 60 composite and on all sections
avg for accepted students for last year was 80 composite

What are your stats like, if you don't mind my asking? I just want to know if I'm wasting my time. ;)

Cum. gpa 3.6, sci. gpa 3.7 or 3.8 depending on the school. PCAT just took and don't feel that well about it. I have been volunteering at women's shelter for a year and hospital pharmacy for 2 months. I am chairperson of the host commitee for our chapter of alpha eplison delta. All of this proably won't matter because I do terrible in interviews. Also, I won't even be competition for you because I am only interested in the campus based program. Another factor against me, I took most of my classes at a community college, and they do look at how competitive your undergrad education was. This is also why I needed to do well on the pcat, but I don't think I did.

If I were you, I would apply there. They only recieved 350 apps for their web program. Since they accept 55, that is about a 1 in 7 chance. When they talked to our school, they stressed they look at the whole person/application. They are looking for well-rounded people. It is also not too late to apply. I asked about the rolling admissions, he said they weren't really on rolling admissions like some other schools. Their interview dates are from 1/13-3/24. But they do wait for pcat scores.

TMVegas said:
Cum. gpa 3.6, sci. gpa 3.7 or 3.8 depending on the school. PCAT just took and don't feel that well about it. I have been volunteering at women's shelter for a year and hospital pharmacy for 2 months. I am chairperson of the host commitee for our chapter of alpha eplison delta. All of this proably won't matter because I do terrible in interviews. Also, I won't even be competition for you because I am only interested in the campus based program. Another factor against me, I took most of my classes at a community college, and they do look at how competitive your undergrad education was. This is also why I needed to do well on the pcat, but I don't think I did.

If I were you, I would apply there. They only recieved 350 apps for their web program. Since they accept 55, that is about a 1 in 7 chance. When they talked to our school, they stressed they look at the whole person/application. They are looking for well-rounded people. It is also not too late to apply. I asked about the rolling admissions, he said they weren't really on rolling admissions like some other schools. Their iterview dates are from 1/13-3/24. But they do wait for pcat scores.

Wow I thought it would probably be way too late to apply there. I may go ahead and try to scrape up a decent essay and apply there since you said that. Starsweet have you started your essay yet??

Members don't see this ad :)
TMVegas said:

If I were you, I would apply there. They only recieved 350 apps for their web program. Since they accept 55, that is about a 1 in 7 chance. When they talked to our school, they stressed they look at the whole person/application. They are looking for well-rounded people. It is also not too late to apply. I asked about the rolling admissions, he said they weren't really on rolling admissions like some other schools. Their interview dates are from 1/13-3/24. But they do wait for pcat scores.

Your stats are really good! My overall and science aren't that great cuz of my engineering curriculum, though my pre-pharm GPA is decent. I also feel like I did crappy on the PCAT. So I'm not really sure how I'll fare in the admissions process. You have good ECs and grades though, I'm sure you'll be a shoo-in. :thumbup:

When you said they received 350 apps, did you mean last year or this year already? And for the campus-based or web-based? Also, you say they're not "really" on rolling admissions, do you just mean that they will not consider your supplemental app until they get your PCAT? Or do you mean something else? Just wanted to clarify. :)

megrxgirl, no I haven't, it's been really hard for me to get cranking on that essay. I have started it but it takes forever for me to write essays as it is, and their topics make it more difficult.

starsweet said:
Your stats are really good! My overall and science aren't that great cuz of my engineering curriculum, though my pre-pharm GPA is decent. I also feel like I did crappy on the PCAT. So I'm not really sure how I'll fare in the admissions process. You have good ECs and grades though, I'm sure you'll be a shoo-in. :thumbup:

When you said they received 350 apps, did you mean last year or this year already? And for the campus-based or web-based? Also, you say they're not "really" on rolling admissions, do you just mean that they will not consider your supplemental app until they get your PCAT? Or do you mean something else? Just wanted to clarify. :)

megrxgirl, no I haven't, it's been really hard for me to get cranking on that essay. I have started it but it takes forever for me to write essays as it is, and their topics make it more difficult.

350 apps for web based, 800 for campus based last year. By not really on rolling admissions, he said they would complete all their interview dates, they would not keep interviewing after that. So I didn't ask him to clarify any further, but I assume after that they go back to their alternate list and start accepting. They will wait to review your app until they recieve your pcat score, but he said to get your app in as soon as possible even if your score is not available. Also, don't worry yet because they don't start interviewing until Jan and and interviews go until the end of March. The avg gpa of accepted students was 3.4 and avg pcat was 80. There had to be people below the avg, so don't get discouraged.

I haven't logged on to their website yet. What is the supp essay about?

TMVegas said:
350 apps for web based, 800 for campus based last year. By not really on rolling admissions, he said they would complete all their interview dates, they would not keep interviewing after that. So I didn't ask him to clarify any further, but I assume after that they go back to their alternate list and start accepting. They will wait to review your app until they recieve your pcat score, but he said to get your app in as soon as possible even if your score is not available. Also, don't worry yet because they don't start interviewing until Jan and and interviews go until the end of March. The avg gpa of accepted students was 3.4 and avg pcat was 80. There had to be people below the avg, so don't get discouraged.

Something Jesuit related. I can't remember exactly

TMVegas said:

Here it is:

Submit a personal statement not to exceed the equivalent of two double-spaced pages. The statement should include your thoughts on each of the following topics.
Your desire to engage in a Jesuit pharmacy education at Creighton University and how you will use a Jesuit education in your pharmacy practice.
The importance of professionalism to the practice of pharmacy and the personal characteristics that are most important in a health care practitioner entrusted with patient welfare.
Your strategies for successfully completing the requirements of the pharmacy program and your plans for involvement in professional and/or community service while in school.
(For web-based applicants only) A self-assessment of your motivation for independent study and your degree of familiarity, expertise, and comfort with computer technology and online courses.

So do you think I would be OK with Creighton if I retook the PCAT in January? I took it in October, but I'm not sure how I did.

starsweet said:

I did engineering for my undergraduate as well and I feel like my GPA is so much lower than other peoples'. what's yours?

I was angry with PharmCAS for putting engineering classes in the Science GPA. They have Computer Science as its own GPA, why not engineering?! :mad:

I have a 3.1 from engineering (undergrad), but a 3.16 with some prereqs I took last year and this year. It should be higher after I take my last few prereqs (hopefully). Where are you applying?

starsweet said:
I was angry with PharmCAS for putting engineering classes in the Science GPA. They have Computer Science as its own GPA, why not engineering?! :mad:

I have a 3.1 from engineering (undergrad), but a 3.16 with some prereqs I took last year and this year. It should be higher after I take my last few prereqs (hopefully). Where are you applying?
I hate to say it, but I still haven't finished my pharmCAS application! I am so close to being done, but my personal statement is still stressing me out a little bit. Did you say that computer science isn't considered for your science GPA? That's really good, because I have some bad grades that are in compsci. I am applying to mercer, south, nova, UF, and campbell. How about you? Did you take the pcat yet? I am dying to know how i did, I took it in october...

beccala33 said:
I hate to say it, but I still haven't finished my pharmCAS application! I am so close to being done, but my personal statement is still stressing me out a little bit. Did you say that computer science isn't considered for your science GPA? That's really good, because I have some bad grades that are in compsci. I am applying to mercer, south, nova, UF, and campbell. How about you? Did you take the pcat yet? I am dying to know how i did, I took it in october...

Right, CS has its own GPA, lucky you. I really hope that schools take difficult majors like engineering into account. I even suggested to PharmCAS that engineering have its own GPA but they said they've always done it this way. So basically my Non-Science and Math GPAs are high but Science is low. I'm applying to UGA, Mercer, South, UNC, Creighton, and possibly UIC and UT (Austin). I'm still at a loss as to what to write on my Creighton supplemental essay. Maybe I'll get some inspiration this weekend. :idea:

I took the PCAT in October but I'm not sure how I did. Kinda scared to get my score. :scared:

starsweet said:
Here it is:

Submit a personal statement not to exceed the equivalent of two double-spaced pages. The statement should include your thoughts on each of the following topics.
Your desire to engage in a Jesuit pharmacy education at Creighton University and how you will use a Jesuit education in your pharmacy practice.
The importance of professionalism to the practice of pharmacy and the personal characteristics that are most important in a health care practitioner entrusted with patient welfare.
Your strategies for successfully completing the requirements of the pharmacy program and your plans for involvement in professional and/or community service while in school.
(For web-based applicants only) A self-assessment of your motivation for independent study and your degree of familiarity, expertise, and comfort with computer technology and online courses.

So do you think I would be OK with Creighton if I retook the PCAT in January? I took it in October, but I'm not sure how I did.

I'm not sure, I didn't get to ask about retaking the pcat in jan. I plan on retaking it in jan and hoping for the best.

if you want to retake your pcats in january i'm sure it'll be fine since their application cycle doesn't end till march.

Has someone taken the PCAT more then once (or know someone who has) and was either (or both) granted an interview or accepted into school?