competitive score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

i've been reading about the pcat, and i understand that you get graded on each indiv section (200-600) and then there's a composite score--

can someone tell me what the threshold competitive mark that people generally shoot for? (like mcat, over 30 was the magic number)

Members don't see this ad.

It tends to vary from school to school. If the score is not posted in the FAQ section of the schools you are interested in, call/email someone in the admissions department. They are willing to share these stats.
Alot can ride on your score. Most would say that an 80 composite (with no individual score below 50) is competitive, but if your GPA is not stellar, then a higher PCAT score will offset the low GPA.

DrSal said:
hi,

i've been reading about the pcat, and i understand that you get graded on each indiv section (200-600) and then there's a composite score--

can someone tell me what the threshold competitive mark that people generally shoot for? (like mcat, over 30 was the magic number)

Some schools say that 70 is the minimum competitive score, I think in order to be competitive you need to have at least an 80, with no section lower than 50 as stated above.