Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

competitive USMLE Step 1 scores

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by tonya anderson, Mar 27, 2001.

1. tonya anderson

tonya anderson New Member

Just wondering if anyone knows a place to find out USMLE scores for the residents accepted into their programs. It seems that medical schools always post competitive MCAT scores, but it is much more difficult to find Step 1 scores. I am interested in medicine in Colorado, and am a 3rd year.

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. zb

zb

USMLE scores are used differently by different programs and the policies usually aren't publicized. I have always heard that for most peds and medicine programs, they don't weigh the scores very heavily as long as you pass. Of course, this might be different at the really high-powered programs.

In surgery and surgical subspecialites, they use them more. In this case (and probably in general for really competetive programs of any specialty), the figure I have heard as "competitive" is above a 90 two-digit score (according to the 98 edition of First Aid for the Boards, this works out to a 235 3-digit score).