Competitiveness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HolyMoly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just received my Step 1 score of 219/91, and was wondering what tier IM programs I could look at being competitive for...my grades for 1st 2 years are middle of the road, I come from a mid-tier school, and I am just going to begin my 3rd year, so I know that a lot lies ahead. Any help is much appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think anything is ruled out at this point, I would just focus on doing well third year, and maybe taking step 2 early and doing very well on it, that and honoring medicine and medicine subI I would guess would make you very competitive for any program.

hi, i'm wondering how much would a do degree rather than an md degree affect chances of getting residency in internal med? ...and basically what r the limitations if one goes to a do school rather than an md school and wants to prac internal med? like the differences...=(
-tys

Members don't see this ad :)
hi, i'm wondering how much would a do degree rather than an md degree affect chances of getting residency in internal med? ...and basically what r the limitations if one goes to a do school rather than an md school and wants to prac internal med? like the differences...=(
-tys

depends on the program. A program that tradionally has a trend of accepting MD's will more likely pick the MD over the DO with equal or better stats.