Compiling ALL PAT strategies. HELP PLZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OC1314

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been working on the PAT for a long time and even did practice with crack dat pat and acheiver. But for some reason practice is not helping because I am still getting low scores like 15s on all of my tests. There is not one section I seem to be good at. I have practiced so much for this section that I feel like just giving up. I just dont get it. So I thought it would be helpful to just compile all strategies different people are using on all the sections. This can give people many different strategies to work from and choose their best one. PLEASE help, I really need to improve on this section before test time. Any strategies will help.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

So I have been working on the PAT for a long time and even did practice with crack dat pat and acheiver. But for some reason practice is not helping because I am still getting low scores like 15s on all of my tests. There is not one section I seem to be good at. I have practiced so much for this section that I feel like just giving up. I just dont get it. So I thought it would be helpful to just compile all strategies different people are using on all the sections. This can give people many different strategies to work from and choose their best one. PLEASE help, I really need to improve on this section before test time. Any strategies will help.:confused:
Do a search...

I swear, no one on this forum searches before posting up new threads!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=528643

Oh.. and for the hole punching, look for symmetry.
e.g. If the first fold is down down the center of the paper, then you know the left and right sides are going to be mirror images of each other.

Yeah i agree about the hole punching strategy mentioned above me...
That symmetry thing does help..Look at the kaplan blue book for explanation on the strategy, which isn't much...I figured it out by doing some problems. But here is my full approach to hole punching:

1. I eliminate answers by using symmetry fold (this takes like a few seconds)
Usually it eliminate 2 answers but on the harder ones only 1 or 0, but it is totally worth doing b/c it doesn't take that long..

2. I take a peak at the where the hole is punched (just so i know where to focus on) and then go back to the folding and count the layers. If there are 2 holes in an area of 4 layers, then you are going to have 8 holes.

step 2 does take some practice, but it is def. worth it....It usually takes me bout 25 seconds to do each problem (which is 6 minutes +.)..Kaplan says you should do it in 5 minutes, but i make up those minutes in angle ranking...that's just me

Do a search...

I swear, no one on this forum searches before posting up new threads!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=528643

Oh.. and for the hole punching, look for symmetry.
e.g. If the first fold is down down the center of the paper, then you know the left and right sides are going to be mirror images of each other.

Boy, I wish all the questions were hole punching. I usually get 15/15 in 6 minutes.
But then I have hard time in TFE and paper folding. Those are PAIN!

Members don't see this ad :)
For pattern folding, I imagine rearranging the faces as they lay flat to determine how one face of the shape would be positioned relative to another.

Boy, I wish all the questions were hole punching. I usually get 15/15 in 6 minutes.
But then I have hard time in TFE and paper folding. Those are PAIN!
for the pattern folding, best method is elimination. They always have something weird going on in the answers and you can easily eliminate atleast 2.

Everyone has basically said it, but just remember, the key to this section is to quickly eliminate as many answers as possible, then focus on the 1-3 choices remaining so that your probability of getting the right answer goes way up and you actually focus on fewer choices.

Best of luck.:thumbup: