Complete at Emory??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tpw

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I mailed in my application fee and signed statement to Emory the last week in August but haven't received any confirmation of receipt yet. And my check for my application fee hasn't been cashed. I emailed them on Monday about this but have received no reply. Anyone else experience a similar problem?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, the same thing happened to me, i mailed my stuff 8/28. They said to wait 3 weeks for them to receive and file everything, but I guess it's pushing 4 now. I didn't think to see if my check had been cashed yet. I was just thinking of calling them on Monday to see what's up...

i emailed them and got no response, but my roommate sent it his stuff like mid august and just got complete like last week, so its probably like a 4week thing for em maybe?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the complete notification 4 weeks after mailing in my check.

I got the complete notification 4 weeks after mailing in my check.

I got a "received" notice a week after mailing the check and paper part. However, I have yet to receive a "complete" notice. I mailed my stuff in around 8/23.

I got a "received" notice a week after mailing the check and paper part. However, I have yet to receive a "complete" notice. I mailed my stuff in around 8/23.

I got the "recieved" email on August 31st and a "complete" on September 5th---(interview invitation maybe 2 weeks ago?) If you don't have a complete from them and you got the "received" email more than a week ago, I would look into it, unless you haven't sent in Letter of Rec or something like that....

I got the "recieved" email on August 31st and a "complete" on September 5th---(interview invitation maybe 2 weeks ago?) If you don't have a complete from them and you got the "received" email more than a week ago, I would look into it, unless you haven't sent in Letter of Rec or something like that....

There are two emails for that?? I just got one that said:

"All of the documents for your application to Emory School of Medicine have been received and your file is now complete. If you took the August 2006 MCAT, your scores will be reported to us by AMCAS as soon as they are received (usually in late September or early October). Although your file has been completed, the Admissions Committee will not review your application until your August scores are received. "

I mailed in my application fee and signed statement to Emory the last week in August but haven't received any confirmation of receipt yet. And my check for my application fee hasn't been cashed. I emailed them on Monday about this but have received no reply. Anyone else experience a similar problem?

My timing is probably similar, but slightly later -- I dropped the check in the mail on labor day.

I called them last week, and they said they had a big pile of mail they were still opening. They said if I still hadn't heard by the end of next week I should call again.

Thought I'd share my timeline at Emory (because I was really antsy too):
AMCAS verified 6/16
Emory acknowledged receipt of primary 7/29
Issued secondary 8/15, sent in materials same day
Acknowledged receipt of all secondary materials 8/23
(I imagine they're a little more swamped nowadays so it will probably be a while)
And then I just received an interview yesterday! 9/22

There are two emails for that?? I just got one that said:

"All of the documents for your application to Emory School of Medicine have been received and your file is now complete. If you took the August 2006 MCAT, your scores will be reported to us by AMCAS as soon as they are received (usually in late September or early October). Although your file has been completed, the Admissions Committee will not review your application until your August scores are received. "

Well...I got two emails but the received email was the notify me they had received my payment in the mail and was entitled "payment form receieved". The "complete" email said: "All of the documents for your application to Emory School of Medicine have been received and your file is now complete"
After being complete on 9/5 I was offered an interview on 9/15---hope that is helpful----it's all a little confusing what with them mixing the online website with snailmail payment.

Thought I'd share my timeline at Emory (because I was really antsy too):
AMCAS verified 6/16
Emory acknowledged receipt of primary 7/29
Issued secondary 8/15, sent in materials same day
Acknowledged receipt of all secondary materials 8/23
(I imagine they're a little more swamped nowadays so it will probably be a while)
And then I just received an interview yesterday! 9/22

Hey, you're my MCAT twin!

and, to add my story to the thread, I sent in my stuff to emory 2 days after the secondary came out. They got my payment form 8/23. My application was complete 8/29. I was invited for interview on 9/13.

and, to add my story to the thread, I sent in my stuff to emory 2 days after the secondary came out. They got my payment form 8/23. My application was complete 8/29. I was invited for interview on 9/13.

Everyone knows that MCAT twin is indeed the most important kind. Even more important then Joey's identical hand twins.

Fuji when are you interviewing? maybe we'll be there on the same day! I was going to go on the 5th but now am going on the 9th (of october)

I received my "complete" email on 9/15 and I had personally walked over my secondary and check on 8/16.

i finally got complete today, i mailed my 2ndary fee 9/5!

Got a complete notice on Friday, finally... Now to wait for the result.:cool: