Complete...but not really.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chaoticsheath

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Technically, my residency app is "complete" as far as programs are concerned because there are 3 letters of rec attached to it. That is the minimum. Many programs have downloaded my apps (i can see this on ADTS) which will appear "complete" to them based on the above. However, I have a 4th and very important letter coming soon. How will the programs know that they have to re-download my app or download my new rec letter when it is uploaded to eras? Will it be automatically upload in their systems?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in same situation. Programs will be notified you've assigned a letter to them down the road whenever that happens.

Technically, my residency app is "complete" as far as programs are concerned because there are 3 letters of rec attached to it. That is the minimum. Many programs have downloaded my apps (i can see this on ADTS) which will appear "complete" to them based on the above. However, I have a 4th and very important letter coming soon. How will the programs know that they have to re-download my app or download my new rec letter when it is uploaded to eras? Will it be automatically upload in their systems?

I think it will download it when they download application changes (same way they will get new information if you change something in your profile)

I think it will download it when they download application changes (same way they will get new information if you change something in your profile)

Yes. Changes and additions will be sent as files to the post office. The next time I download, I'll get new applications, as well as changes and additions to existing applications, all at once--anything that was assigned to my program. I can't not download it without also not downloading anything else (not an issue this early in the season, but in Nov/Dec I tend to stop downloading every day and may not see an additional letter or updated profile right away). After the download, I can run a report of just the new documents, listed alphabetically by applicant. The report will even tell me if the new document is a replacement for a previously-downloaded document (like a transcript or personal statement) so I know to print out a copy and substitute the new document in the file if I've already printed the application.

In short: we've got your back. Don't worry. Breathe. Give us some time to process the thousands of documents we received today, and you'll start hearing back from programs soon.