Complete in september and still no word?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

Chankovsky

Anybody out there who have schools like these. What do u guys think is holding up the process. I'm almost sure that some of these schools have looked over my app but decided not to offer an interview, but not a rejection either.

Members don't see this ad.

Chankovsky said:
Anybody out there who have schools like these. What do u guys think is holding up the process. I'm almost sure that some of these schools have looked over my app but decided not to offer an interview, but not a rejection either.

Chankovsky. Could you tell me why you always ask questions and end them with a period. Does your keyboard not have a question mark.

I am waiting on a few schools since August/September too. Why have they passed us over so far. I am not sure. I bet that we will hear something soon.

:cool: Treg

don't listen to treg! She has like 37 acceptances! There was an entire thread on schools that various people haven't heard from. It seemed to be the same schools listed over and over.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have ten schools to hear back from. It's part of the process. I'm not even worried about it anymore. When it comes, it comes, good news or bad. I don't think I will even accept anymore interview invites since it is relatively late in the cycle anyway.

indo said:
don't listen to treg! She has like 37 acceptances!

Dang, that was a little venemous. I have been pretty lucky this cycle, but I know what it is like to be on the other end of things. Look at my MD apps profile, and you will find a link to my profile last year when I was rejected nearly everywhere :)

nah, not venomous..more like envious. But seriously, for some weird reason I don't have as much empathy for you as the people who applied to 30 schools and have heard nothing.

Also, calling it "luck" is quite humble. I wouldn't refer to it as luck, however. good work. So, which school are you holding out for? You're going to end up with a buffet of med schools...save me a tamale.

Mmm, tamales....

I'm still waiting to hear from 4 schools: Vermont, Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia. I wish I could say that I was numb to the whole thing now, but I'm still all OCD about checking my email/mail. I would be a lot more chill if Vermont & Harvard weren't some of my favorite possibilities. C'mon, show me some love, UVM & HMS. I'll be very charming....

Well, I wasn't complete in September, but late October-ish (late LOR, April MCAT). I haven't heard from these schools:

BU
Drexel
MSSM
NYMCC
Pre-interview Hold at GW

I still obsessively check my mail and email, and since there's never anything there, I have gotten much more obsessive on SDN. If I don't hear anything, and look for SDN to tell me something...I've gotta get my fix to get me through the day.

indo said:
So, which school are you holding out for? You're going to end up with a buffet of med schools...save me a tamale.

I didn't mean to sound like I am complaining about the few schools I am still waiting to hear from; I just wanted to emphasize that a lot of us have at least a few schools that we have been complete at for 5 months+ and still have not received any decision. :)

I hope that I will be deciding between Alberta, WashU, and Cornell. I am thinking that I will decline my spots at BU and MSSM soon. For the others I am going to wait and see what pans out with financial aid. I also am waiting post-interview from Columbia (blah, liked less than Cornell), UPenn, UPitt, as well as WashU.

Good luck with your apps! :D Treg

akpete said:
Well, I wasn't complete in September, but late October-ish (late LOR, April MCAT). I haven't heard from these schools:
BU
Drexel
MSSM
NYMCC
Pre-interview Hold at GW

similar here--aug mcat, complete in october, and i haven't heard from Drexel, GW, Jefferson, Mount Sinai, NYU, Temple, Tufts, UMDNJ - New Jersey, UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson, University of Colorado, PENN, University of Vermont, Yale. no idea why, other than i'm a loser....
:confused:

Treg said:
I didn't mean to sound like I am complaining about the few schools I am still waiting to hear from; I just wanted to emphasize that a lot of us have at least a few schools that we have been complete at for 5 months+ and still have not received any decision. :)

I hope that I will be deciding between Alberta, WashU, and Cornell. I am thinking that I will decline my spots at BU and MSSM soon. For the others I am going to wait and see what pans out with financial aid. I also am waiting post-interview from Columbia (blah, liked less than Cornell), UPenn, UPitt, as well as WashU.

Good luck with your apps! :D Treg

Hey Treg, if you decline your acceptance at MSSM, can I have it? ;) If only they'd even give me an interview first.....they're one of the many schools I still haven't heard a peep from since I've been complete. :(

Chankovsky said:

i don't know if not being rejected at this point is a good thing.

Chankovsky said:

Did you just reply to your own post?

akpete said:

BU
Drexel
MSSM
NYMCC
Pre-interview Hold at GW

I still obsessively check my mail and email, and since there's never anything there, I have gotten much more obsessive on SDN. If I don't hear anything, and look for SDN to tell me something...I've gotta get my fix to get me through the day.

You just distilled my entire feeling right now. Christ this is murder! At least with undergrad the waiting period was a couple of months, less with early action. But c'mon, this started in June with AMCAS! Seriously, the process is outrageous and needs to be reformed. There is little reason that admissions can't pick up the pace.

MadameLULU said:
bumping for obvious reasons

why do ppl start duplicate threads

I don't know, but it's a little annoying..I just realized that I had responded to a duplicate thread started by the OP. I deleted my post b/c there was no point in responding.

docjolly said:
I don't know, but it's a little annoying..I just realized that I had responded to a duplicate thread started by the OP. I deleted my post b/c there was no point in responding.
I think the OP deserves an award for starting the most (asinine) threads

I've applied since August and havent heard anything from Mount Sinai. Normally I can handle this kind of thing but its really getting to me this time. If I don't get in there, I'm headed to Syracuse. Thank GOD I have an alternative. - Lorin

Ha ha ha.
I still haven't heard from UC Davis, UCI, UCSD, UCSF (all "on hold" since sept/november), Stanford, Harvard, UVM and CU Denver.

I just sent out for info about FNP programs.
I'm so incredibly disheartened.
My MCAT: 31 (10/11/10)
My GPA: 3.82, science: 3.77
Phi Beta Kappa. EMT 4 years (5 now). 5 years clinic experience. National athlete. Highest honors at UCSC in both majors. Post-bac student. Internship at Lawrence Livermore. Just had a med professor from UCSF who teaches first-years write me a recommendation so that the admissions committee *might* interview me. Travelled/lived in other countries.

Can anyone tell me what the f*ck? Please? Okay, adcoms - I give up! At least give me something so I know. It's like being stood up by someone after looking forward to at least *talking* to them. :(

Treg said:
Chankovsky. Could you tell me why you always ask questions and end them with a period. Does your keyboard not have a question mark.

I am waiting on a few schools since August/September too. Why have they passed us over so far. I am not sure. I bet that we will hear something soon.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're right; he/she does do that.

Also, Chankovsky, you always seem so worried and stressed! It'll work out for you! I've yet to see a light-hearted post from you! Here are some good vibes and luck coming your way! :thumbup:

Chankovsky said:
Chankovsky:
You definately seem stressed. It's expected of course. Hey, like I said in my previous posts I've been complete since Sept. and haven't heard from Sinai either so its cool cause at least you're not alone. My stats aren't all that so I suppose that, at least in my case, this is why I haven't heard. - L