Complete MCAT Book Package for Home Study, The Gold Standard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jekemale

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was also looking for books that will help me study for the MCAT, and I came across this: Complete MCAT Book Package for Home Study (The Gold Standard) http://www.mcat-bookstore.com/complete-mcat-courses. I was going to buy the $499.00 version, since I read a couple of blogs that said it was a good choice, but now I don't know what to do.

Could someone please tell me their opinion on this books. It comes with mp3s, are they going to be helpful? How about the DVDs? Flashcards any good? I just really don't want to buy something that is not worth it or get resources that are not going to improve neither my knowledge or my performance on the test.

Thanks!:D

Another thing I have read that EK has a couple of mistakes, so that worries me. I downloaded EK flashcards on PDF, just to glance at the material, and found a mistake myself, when mentioning the accessory glands for the male reproductive system they left out the bulbourethral glads, since they only mentioned the seminal vesicles and the prostate gland. So that kind of eliminated the EK books as an option, but know with the posts I have read here, I'm not so sure. And whats up with the Audio Osmosis? Why audio about that subject in particular?

I already used the search engine to see if I could find a review on this set in particular (The Gold standard), but no luck. I would really appreciate the opinion of someone that is familiar with this package content.

SN2ed has a excellent list of recommended books for review. I'll probably buy those,and follow the 3 month plan. But still wanted to get an opinion on this! I don't think it will hurt to know if their worth it or not! :)

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Gold Standard has solid FLs, but that's about it. The few times people have bought their package, they've been disappointed. Stick with the well-known sources.