Complete mid/late September considered late ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted963608

Hey!! I know this may have been discussed but I am still waiting for my application to be verified. Will most likely be verified in 2+ days. I have already sent my LORs, MCAT scores etc and have started pre-writing my secondaries. I submitted my app to one school.

I will most likely be complete mid/late September. Will this be considered late since it is past Labor Day? I feel like the verification process took longer than expected this year.

I’ve spoken to a few schools and no one was really able to confirm what will be considered late this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Relax, it's not late! October will be late (based on previous information you can find on this website). Also regardless of whether it's late or not, does that change whether you're gonna do it? It might be less stressful to focus on getting it done rather than on how late your apps will be :).

Also, advice: Unless it's about something truly urgent and unique to your situation, do not call schools to ask questions like this. You never know if who you might be talking to might also be involved in the room that reviews your app, and imo taking their time to answer questions that likely do not have a black/white answer and that you can likely find online might not reflect well on you.

Reactions: 1 user
Usually after labor day is considered late for MD. But who knows with this cycle.
It isnt late for DO until Thanksgiving.

Members don't see this ad :)
Relax, it's not late! October will be late (based on previous information you can find on this website). Also regardless of whether it's late or not, does that change whether you're gonna do it? It might be less stressful to focus on getting it done rather than on how late your apps will be :).

Also, advice: Unless it's about something truly urgent and unique to your situation, do not call schools to ask questions like this. You never know if who you might be talking to might also be involved in the room that reviews your app, and imo taking their time to answer questions that likely do not have a black/white answer and that you can likely find online might not reflect well on you.

Lol you’re probably right I do need to relax and nope it doesn’t matter, I’m definitely going through with it at this point lol

Thank you for the advice! You’re right again lol I should probably only reach out to them with updates and etc. lol I’m already doing too much.

Usually after labor day is considered late for MD. But who knows with this cycle.
It isnt late for DO until Thanksgiving.

thank you! Yes that is why I asked. I’m not sure if COVID changed anything