1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

complete newbie.. asking before posting!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by HeavyMetalMiss, Aug 9, 2011.

1. HeavyMetalMiss

HeavyMetalMiss \m/ (and i'm a chick.)

Pre-Medical
    hello all!! i just wanted to post this quickly to make sure that i don't irritate anyone, or cause duplicate threads. i tried the search option under "my story", and "introduction", etc.. but came up with nothing. i'm not really in the situation to post under a "What Are My Chances??" thread, so i'm basically here to ask you all; is anyone aware of a thread where you are able to simply introduce yourself, and explain your current situation/where you are with your studies/your own thoughts on just about everything pre-med? please let me know if there is, because again, i've had my experience with message boards before, and i do not want to start duplicate threads. thanks everyone :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aSagacious

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You could make an MDApps profile (like the one listed under my name) :)

4. just post it, it should be fine. it's only annoying when someone asks a really simple question that has been asked a million times like "hurr durr do i need research lolz thx for help ppl" or "hey i have this situation, can i exploit it for medical school applications by calling myself disadvantaged?"

5. sector9

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It sounds like a good topic for "What are my chances" if you are looking for help with improving your application.

6. HeavyMetalMiss

Pre-Medical
    see that's the thing, i'm one of the losers that just posted in the "Class of 2019!!!" thread... i've been in college now for 2 years, i changed my major last semester, and i'm almost 24 years old. i have a verrrrrrrrrrry long way to go, but i don't want to feel judged for it. i just wanted to see if maybe there's a thread where you can just quickly sum up your story, instead of asking "What Are My Chances?", when you're no where near close to having those chances!! haha so again, i apologize. i'm just trying to start off on the right foot with all of you, instead of become one of those who post "plz help meeeee!" threads..

7. aSagacious

Resident [Any Field]
  8. HeavyMetalMiss

Pre-Medical
    oh man.. so i really am considered a "non-traditional" pre-med student, aren't i? damn. that's a lot to digest. i mean, i always knew that i was a bit older to make this decision, but, i didn't that think i was well.... in a whole new category of applicants than the norm. i feel like i just turned the big "3-0". haha

9. aSagacious

Resident [Any Field]
    If it makes you feel any better, you are on the young side for a non-trad :D

10. HeavyMetalMiss

Pre-Medical
    and PS... love the link you suggested, thank you!!