Apr 2, 2010
Status
Hello Experts,

I have a 4 year B pharmacy degree from India I graduated in 2005.

I wish to be a Pharmacist.

I immigrated to United States recently and I have started exploring my options:

1.) I am in Texas, althought ECE has evaluated my degree and given me a Bhacelor of Pharmaceutical sciences. Most of the colleges in texas do not count my course work towards the pre-requisites for the Pharma D. So I would need to complete my pre-req and then take PCAT and apply for the PharmaD program.

2.) I have recently also heard about the Nirma Institute which Offers a B Pharma (honors), Which one year program. One is eligible for the program if he/she has a B Pharmacy degree. Is there any one among the members who has attended the institute? Looks like after after 1 yr. It will be a 5 yr degree and I might be eligible for the FPGEE exam. But all this is based on the second hand information. Also, there will be a gap of 5 yrs between my B Pharmacy and the 1 year honors degree.

Could any of you who has gone through the similar situation, please guide me, as I have lost my direction.

I really appreciate your valuable time and advice.

Thank you in advance

Jul 29, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
Hello Experts,

1.) I am in Texas, althought ECE has evaluated my degree and given me a Bhacelor of Pharmaceutical sciences. Most of the colleges in texas do not count my course work towards the pre-requisites for the Pharma D. So I would need to complete my pre-req and then take PCAT and apply for the PharmaD program.

2.) I have recently also heard about the Nirma Institute which Offers a B Pharma (honors), Which one year program. One is eligible for the program if he/she has a B Pharmacy degree. Is there any one among the members who has attended the institute? Looks like after after 1 yr. It will be a 5 yr degree and I might be eligible for the FPGEE exam. But all this is based on the second hand information. Also, there will be a gap of 5 yrs between my B Pharmacy and the 1 year honors degree.

Could any of you who has gone through the similar situation, please guide me, as I have lost my direction.

Thank you in advance
You need to contact the board. They will give you the right information.

Madhuri Vats

10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hello Experts,

Thank you in advance
Most of the Universities doesn't count the degree of indian universities. So you need to discuss with the indian universities about this issue.